What Is So Good About Honey? Everything!
Honey Is Pure Perfection
Honey has been used throughout history in many different beneficial ways.
Honey is not only good for you, but is also the most natural food and will never spoil.
Honey can be eaten or used topically to benefit your health.
Health Benefits of Honey
- Honey is a super-food, since it is cholesterol free, fat free and sodium free. Honey contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine. Honey also has minerals our body need like calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, potassium and iodine.
- Honey is also very useful to prevent osteoporosis. Honey helps the body retain calcium, which is good for strong teeth and bones.
- Honey is good for your heart, since it naturally lowers cholesterol. Having good cholesterol levels will help prevent heart disease.
- Honey is the best way to sweeten you food. It is much healthier than refined sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Honey won’t decay teeth. In fact honey is good for your teeth, since it has anti-bacterial properties and will kill the bacteria that is responsible for tooth decay. You can mix honey with water and make a naturally healthy mouthwash.
- Since honey is anti-bacterial it also helps keep your digestive system healthy by killing off any harmful bacteria that ended up in your stomach.
- Honey is also good for treating insomnia. Honey promotes the production of melatonin, which is responsible for maintaining your sleep cycle.
- Honey helps keep your eyes healthy as well, when used in an eye drop solution. Honey can also cure conjunctivitis, which is an eye infection.
- Honey will coat your throat when it is sore. Honey will prevent you from coughing and making your sore throat worse.
- Honey relieves nausea – just mix with some ginger for an excellent remedy.
- Honey relieves menopause symptoms. Mix honey with cinnamon daily for an effective treatment.
Honey Used Externally
- Honey’s soothing properties are great for healing even the most severe burns on the skin.
- Honey’s anti-bacterial properties make it a perfect treatment for breakouts on the skin or other skin infections.
- Honey moisturizes the skin, which keeps it healthy and fresh.
- Honey can heal dry or chapped lips, or skin that has windburn.
- Honey will heal bee stings and neutralize bee venom.
The information given in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your physician, pharmacist, or health care provider before taking any home remedies or supplements. Only your health care provider, personal physician, or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs or diagnose your particular medical history.
More by this Author
When a bumblebee or a honeybee stings you, it leaves its stinger and sac of venom in your skin. In most cases, the sting creates slight pain, swelling and irritation. For most people it will be more of a nuisance...
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the most useful products for treating a variety of ailments. It is not only a wonderful remedy, but will also replenish you with a lot of the vitamins and minerals missing from our diets...
Bloating, irritability, cramps, mood swings, acne, heavy bleeding...does this sound familiar? Many women have PMS and think that it is just a part of being a woman. I personally found it very frustrating and wanted...