Why Juice Fasting is Better Than Water Fasting
The consumption of fruit and vegetable juices, herbal tea and vegetable broth in fasting can result in faster recovery from illness. Additionally, fruit and vegetable juice fasting gives more effect in cleansing and rejuvenation of the body than the regular water fast. Raw juices of fruits and vegetables give more energy than water. In essence, when you fast, your body is not starved of all the essential nutrients.
Here are the scientific reasons of juice fasting:
- Raw juices and vegetable broth freshly prepared is rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements and enzymes.
- These important elements are very easy to digest directly into the bloodstream, without overloading the digestive system - so as not to interfere with the process of healing and rejuvenation of self-digestion as suggested by some advocates of water fast.
- Contrary to the personal view of some authors, fruit and vegetable juices do not incite the secretion of hydrochloric acid within the stomach that can cause ulcers. Hydrochloric acid is largely discharged when foods rich in protein are consumed.
- The nutrients in juices are very useful to normalize all body processes, to provide the necessary elements for body healing activity and regeneration of cells and thus help accelerate the recovery process.
- Raw vegetable juices and broths provide a surplus of alkaline, which is very important for the proper balance of acid-alkaline in blood and tissues, because the blood and tissues constitute high levels of acids during the period of fasting. Due to the alkalizing effect that juice fasting has on the blood, detoxification symptoms, if any, can be minimized.
- Large quantities of minerals in the juice that are present in vegetable broth help restore the mineral and biochemical balance in cells and tissues. Imbalance of mineral in the tissues is a major cause of decreased oxygenation, leading to disease and premature cell aging.
- The substance that contains in raw juices stimulates what is known as ‘micro-electric tension’ in our body. This ‘micro-electric tension’ is accountable for the ingestion of nutrients from the blood stream as well as discharging metabolic wastes efficiently.
- Therefore, raw juice fasting is particularly important when you intend to fast for regeneration and rejuvenation of your body. Juice fasting helps to break down and remove the old ‘dying cells’, revitalize existing cells, and intensify the re-building of young, essential cells.
- During fasting, the body burns up and discharges large quantity of wastes. This cleansing process can be supported by drinking juice that is alkaline instead of water when fasting. Consuming fruit and vegetable juices during fasting can intensify the healing effect of fasting. The body will get rid of uric and non-organic acids more effectively. Not only that, sugar in juices has proven to strengthen the heart.
With all the reasons discussed in this article, juice fasting is the best compared to water fasting.
Disclaimer: The advice contains in this article does not intend to be a substitute for a personal consultation with a qualified food nutritionist. Any materials and recommendations posted here serve as general information purposes only.
More by this Author
Graying hair is often a great concern for both men and women. This article is about symptoms and what cause our hair to turn gray. Enjoy reading!