You Are Not Tired! --- TurboFire - Day 1
Are you ready for the burn?
How about you?
Do you have TurboFire?See results without voting
TurboFire - Feel the Burn
TurboFire is just one of the many DVD workout programs offered by BeachBody. It was created by fitness expert Chalene Johnson, the creater of the original Turbo Jam, the first cardio kickboxing DVD program. TurboFire - takes it to the next level.
Chalene Johnson has been teaching fitness for the past 20 years. Her inspiration behind the program is the killer workout music and her love for dance. TurboFire is held in a class type setting. It will force you to match the energy with the people around you (or in the case of the DVD), those who are in the class.
TurboFire is a 12 week program with workouts 6 days a week. However, for those who want to kick it up a notch, it can be extended to the next level, which will take you through an entire 20 weeks of high impact, high intensity, cardio training. You have a choice. If you have purchased the TurboFire package, you can stop at the end of the 12 weeks, or you can order the advanced DVDs to continue to the full 20 weeks.
The original TurboFire package includes 12 TurboFire classes on 10 different DVDS (The advanced DVDs will give you an additional 4 DVDs to add to your collection, with an additional 5 workouts.) The workouts include: Fire Classes, Fire EZ classes, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) classes, a sculpting and toning class, a core class, and two stretch classes (a longer and a shorter version). In addition, you will also get the "Get Fired Up" DVD which will give you everything you need to know about TurboFire, some tips and a boost of motivation. A Fitness Guide, a Nutrition Guide, a class schedule, a resistance band, a lower body band, and The Inferno Plan, which is a 5 day complete workout and nutrition plan allowing you to jump start your weight loss, is also part of the package.
In addition to what is in the package, you will also need a good pair of shoes, workout clothes, a water bottle, a yoga mat, and a towel to wipe the sweat out of your eyes. (And believe me, you will sweat!)
Many of you may already be famiiliar with my obsession with my workouts. After all, I previously completed my journey with P90X and documented every single day as a way to stay motivated (and along the way I hope I inspired others as well!) If you want to check out my journey with P90X click here or feel free to just jump ahead and see the results. If you want to join me, you can order the TurboFire program by visiting my BeachBody coach page. While you may be able to find the program cheaper on the internet or through Amazon, I highly recommend buying it online. The few cents you may save by purchasing it elsewhere will not give you the money back guarantee - BeachBody does offer that. In addition, it gives you all the tools you need to get started.
Now that we are ready to go...
As with any serious program like this, you need to get yourself situated. That means doing some paperwork. Don't worry, it doesn't take long. However, I will warn you this is an intense program. If you are not ready, there are many other programs out there to get you prepared. If you are crazy and stubborn, feel free to join me. Just remember to know your limits. If you injure yourself, you will not see results.
So ask yourself these questions...
- Can you do a full month of 30 minutes of intense cardio 3 times a week?
- Do you have a healthy heart?
- Do you have strong knees and joints?
If you answered yes to these questions you are ready to go. However, if you do have knee and back problems, you may still be able to do this program, you will need to lower the impact (which is shown during the workouts) and possibly modify the moves to suit you! As a disclaimer - you should always seek a doctor's advice before starting any workout program so user assumes all liabilty. But as with anything, you know yourself best. Do what you can, push as hard as you can, but don't overdo it.
Get those photos ready... so you can see your results
Get out that tape measure and scale
The first thing you are going to want to do before starting any workout, is take your starting measurements and pictures. This is very important. This program will make you lose weight, gain fitness, and condition your body. But when it comes to measuring success, it will be measured in many different ways.
Taking your measurements:
- Scale - I like to use a digital scale. This to me seems more accurate. Most digital scales now a days will also measure your body fat percentage. This is also a good measurement to record on day 1.
- Measuring tape - A simple measuring tape is all you need to show you how much your body can change. For me, I measure both sides of my body. This may make the measurements seem a little excessive compared to those who only measure one side. As always, do what suits you. Personally, I feel you get more accurate results this way. Record your chest (for women I suggest measuring the ribcage, below the breast, and the breast area. Men only need to measure the ribcage); Right Bicep (middle); Left Bicep; Waist (2 inches above the belly button where it indents for women - I also measure around the belly button); Hips (the widest portion); Right Thigh; and Left Thigh.
- Camera - Now get out that camera and take some shots. While you can take any type of shots you want, it will make it easier to compare results and the 30, 60 and on depending on whether you do the 12 week program or the 20 week program. First choose your outfit. I suggest a workout outfit you will be able to wear each time you take pictures, preferably one that is tight so you can really see your body. The other option is to take one in a swimming suit (or your underwear if you don't plan on sharing your pictures! However, if you plan on sharing your success story, make sure you take ones that are appropriate... or take a few varieties.... because once you start, you will not be able to go back to Day 1 and take another picture!) Second tip is to choose a plain background. You want to be able to see YOU! If you have junk in the background it can be very distracting. I have seen pictures people took of themselves in the mirror and in the background I can see their unmade bed and other things I don't care to see. Finally, pose for your picture! I highly recommend either using a tripod or asking someone you trust to take the pictures for you. This way you can get a full body shot and have it well framed. You are going to want to take several pictures. Take a few from the front with your hands down, hands on hips, or even with your arms flexed. Do the same with a side shot and a back shot, and maybe even throw in one to the side for fun. Just remember not to suck it in! These will be your first set of pictures and will be motivating for you to see how far you have come.
Week 1 Agenda
- Day 1 - Fire 30 Class
- Day 2 - HIIT 15
- Day 3 - Day of REST
- Day 4 - Fire 30
- Day 5 - Fire 55EZ (don't be fooled by EZ - it is anything but!)
- Day 6 - Fire 30
- Day 7 - Core 20 and Stretch 40
** Each day is accompanied by a stretch 10 class **
Fire 30 - Today was Fire 30. Overall, I didn't think the class was too bad. I had done it a few times before so I didn't have to worry about the coordination, especially when it comes to switching sides. I think this is a fun workout, but I am also well aware that this first week will be a piece of cake compared to what is coming up!
Day 1 begins...
I am way late on starting TurboFire as it has been sitting there staring at me since February. I am not going to say I don't have "good" excuses for letting it taunt me for the past few months, however, I would like to refer to them as good reasons.
I ordered the program earlier when I became a BeachBody coach. However, at the time I was in the middle of my second round of P90X. During that time, I decided to familiarize myself with the program. So, I was "practicing" the workouts, but not actually doing them in any followed plan. I figured that way I could really push myself when I started and see max results instead of falling over my uncoordinated feet. My original start date was actually at the beginning of April. Being that it is the end of May, you can tell it got pushed back.
Unfortunately, I got really sick at the end of February. Through massive doctor vists, massive money poured into the pharmaceutical business, and a whole lot of time with my feet kicked up, I am finally much better. But it did take 3 months. Since I was so sick, I was given doctor's orders to chill out on my workouts. I needed to give my body a chance to heal. Now that I am back to normal. It is time to get started on another intense program, and this time my husband is joining me!
Yet, even though I have been planning this for awhile (both physically and mentally), I kept finding myself pushing back the start date. Ok - so I will admit it - I was a little scared and a little intimidated. I can't even justify the feeling. After all, it wasn't as if I wasn't already testing out some of the workouts and it wasn't as if I am unfamiliar with a hardcore workout). I knew how TurboFire worked, and for the most part, I had done the "New to Class" options to make sure I was familiar with the routines. Yet, I continued to be intimidated. So I have to ask myself why? After all, I finished P90X twice. TurboFire is just another program - right!
Ok - so that isn't right. This is a whole different program. Sure, both TurboFire and P90X are intense, but this one is fierce cardio. With P90X I spent a lot of time building muscles. This one is going to build my heart muscle. It is going to push me to my limits. It is going to have me training like an athlete! And this will be the final push! It will be the program that gets me to my original goal and probably past it!
So, my journey as started. What can I say... I am nervous... I am excited... but mostly... I am motivated!
Don't stop now... Day 2 is right around the corner. Click here to read more!
More by this Author
P90X is an extreme workout, but does it deliver results. After 30 days of following this program, I have shown you what I have accomplished? Now is the time to decide, is P90X for you?
Turbo Fire is an intense cardio kickboxing class created by Chalene Johnson. It is a 12 week program that not only includes cardio, but also includes High Intensity Interval Training, and strength and core work. It will...
Not all states are created equal. If you want to cut hair in a different state, you will be required to transfer your license. On the first day of Beauty School, the last thought in your mind is the possibility of...