Benefits of Beetroot
Several Benefits of Beetroot
- A beetroot is a natural blood purifier and herbal detoxifier.
- Beetroot contains a variety of nutrients important for our immune system to help it work with high efficiency.
- Beets stimulate the production of antibodies that fight against several infections inside our body.
- The white blood cells comprising phagocytes and leukocytes fight against several diseases from occurring in our body and beet helps these cells by providing a high level of nutritional support.
- Beetroot is rich in iron. It boosts our red blood cells with required iron and facilitates the supply of oxygen towards the cells making our body young and healthy.
- Beetroot contains manganese necessary for the formation of interferon that is a potent anticancer substance.
- The colour of beets is red because of the betanin pigment found in them. The betanin pigment is a prominent anthocyanin antioxidant which aids in preventing cancer and heart disease by killing free radicals in our body.
- Beetroot as a beneficial antioxidant provides better support and health for our kidneys and liver.
- Beetroot is high in fibre and good for our digestive system. As a fibrous food, it helps absorb all the acidic and fatty foods from our body and excretes them out of the human body.
Now it does not end here, as there are a lot of different benefits of beetroot which are discussed in the below sections:
Betroot can be eaten in salads just like onions, tomatoes and carrots. To revitalize your fatigued and tired body, it is highly recommended to eat beetroot in form of a salad on a daily basis.
As beetroot is low in calories, it also works as a laxative. Beetroots have a high content of vitamin C and pro-vitamin A. They are rich in folic acid, fibre, B vitamins such as vitamin B1, 2, 3 and 6. They are also rich in iodine, to a lesser extent magnesium, sodium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. Beetroots are highly recommended for pregnant women to ease in the digestive process and revitalization of body during pregnancy.
Buy Beet Juice Online
Values of one cup of cooked beet:
- 1.5 grams of protein
- 1.5 grams of dietary fibre
- 259 milligrams of potassium
- 32 milligrams of phosphorus
- 53.2 micrograms of folate
- 8.5 grams of carbohydrates
Garden beet or a blood turnip or red beet is one of the most popular vegetables in gardens around the world. The neck of the beetroot or the leaves commonly known as sugar beet is an excellent source of vitamin A and the beet roots are a really good source of vitamin C.
The beetroot neck or leaves can be prepared as green vegetable recipes in the kitchen. The beet roots can be used in salads or can be cooked whole.
There are several more traditional and modern styles and ideas of cooking beets. You can easily find all the information regarding them by googling for ‘beetroot recipes.’
On an interesting note, beetroots can be microwaved, pickled, steamed, boiled, baked or eaten raw as already mentioned above.
Beetroots turn out to be very delicious when they are roasted in a hot oven as they contain much more natural sugar than starch. Roasted beets help in concentrating the sugar instead of converting it into liquid when cooked.
In India, people prepare a delicious traditional drink known as 'kanji' out of beetroots. It is a healthy drink loaded with Indian spices to spice up your love life.
Interestingly, beetroots can also be prepared to make thirst quenchers. Have you heard about beetroot juice or drink? No, then for your information, you can make a delicious and healthy juice with beetroots. I made these extremely delicious seven best homemade thirst quenchers with beetroots.
More by this Author
Fish oil Fish oil has always been known to contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very beneficial for people suffering from heart disease, hypertension, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder, and many types of...
Lately, there are a lot of fake protein powders and weight gainers selling around in the nutritional supplements market. Beware of following fake powders: Optimum Nutrition (Serious Mass) - Fake 5, 6 and 12 lbs...
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...