Different ways to calm your acne
Picture from acnecure101.com
Aside from using treatment from your Dermatologist there are other steps you can take to calm and fix an acne problem
I must admit that in the last few months, I have developed a severe case of adult acne and this has been devastating to me. Going from perfect skin to a face full of angry pimples has been horrifying to me so I hope that people can find this hub useful.
The first step I took in trying to clear up my acne was to try Proactive. It certainly works for many people and is offered at a reasonable cost. After a couple of months I realized it wasn't the product for me, it was actually burning my skin a bit ( I have sensitive skin) and I was not seeing any signs of improvement so I discontinued use.
My next step was going to the dermatologist. I ended up walking away with two different types of cream, a wash, and a bottle of antibiotics. The thing my derm. said that caught my attention the most was " This should do the trick, even if it takes a few months." I think the key with severe acne is that there is no quick fix, but there are ways you can improve the state of your skin aside from prescribed medication. The meds my derm has given me have cleared up my skin some, but I would say that I would say that I still have moderate acne, I have an appointment with her in September and will keep my readers aware of any updates any changes.
While my skin has not fully cleared up, things that I can fully, beyond a doubt, tell you that helped clear it up beyond prescription meds are as follows:
- Cutting as much dairy out of my diet as possible.
- I also ditched a lo-carb diet ( was eating a lot of fatty meats and cheeses) and switched to whole grains, carbs, and am currently trying to eat lower in fat and I believe the reduction in fat content has helped clear my skin up.
- A daily mud mask. I have found that using a daily mud mask, I use mine at night, helps reduce oil in the skin.
- Water. All I drink is water, and I drink a ton of it, and it helps.
- Stress reduction. This is probably the most difficult for me. My stress level has a direct effect on my skin. I try to practice deep breathing to remedy this.
- Get plenty of sleep. I find 8 hours of more leaves me significantly less stressed out the next day.
- Finally, if you have access to a steam room, I recommend spending ten minutes a day three times a week in the room. I have found that a steam room works wonders for unclogging pores.
Comments 4 comments
acne.org treatment and community
- Acne.org - Acne treatment and community
Information on acne, acne treatment reviews, and treatment of scars. Includes a regimen to help clear your acne.
hubpages on acne
- Acne Face Wash - What You Need To Know
Everyone knows that your acne face wash is one of the key steps to having clear and acne-free skin. Have you ever thought about how they work? There are hundreds of choices when choosing an acne face wash,...
- Acne Body Wash - The 3 Best Acne Body Washes
Acne body wash will help you clear your skin. Body acne, bacne, or whatever you want to call it is embarrassing. It can ruin trips to the beach, intimate moments, and backyard BBQ's. Trying to use the...
- Adult Acne
As if you didn't have enough of acne as a teen... now it's back to haunt you as an adult! Don't sit back and let adult acne control your life, learn how you can successfully prevent and fight it!
- Chemical Peels for Acne Scars
Supposedly, one of the best ways to get rid of acne scare is to go with a chemical peel. This is becoming more and more popular these days since chemical peels have become much cheaper over the years and...
More by this Author
Ladies, here are 100 tips on making yourself feel better from yours truely... 100. Get outside and get some sun! (The vitamin D is good for you) 99. Take a multivitamin 98. Write a hand-written letter to someone...
Are your hands and/or feet and legs red and blotchy? Learn how to fix or treat your bad circulation.
If you haven't made your mind up about quitting, try my ten tips to see if it's the right move for you.