Best New Year Quotes, Texts and Status Updates
I logged in to my Facebook, to see my home page crammed with New Year wishes and poems wrote by numerous FB friends. I also received some heart warming new year texts, and some funny ones too. So i decided to compile a list of the best new year quotes and texts that i have read, feel free to add your own in the comments section below.
"In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want."
Top 15 New Year Quotes Said By Famous People
1. Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better person. Benjamin Franklin
2. The old year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months. Edward Payson Powell
3. We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. Edith Lovejoy Pearce
4. An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the Old Year leaves. Bill Vaughan
5. Cheers to New Year and another chance for us to get it right. Oprah Winfrey
6. Ring out the old, ring in the new. Ring happy bells across the snow. The year is going, let him go. Ring out the false, ring in the true. Alfred, Lord Tennyson
7. New Years Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. Mark Twain
8. For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. T.S. Eliot
9. Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. Oscar Wilde
10. Glory to God in highest heaven. Who unto man his son hath given. While angels sing with tender mirth. A glad new year to all the earth. Martin Luther
11. For eleven months and maybe about twenty days each year, we concentrate upon the shortcomings of others, but for a few days at the turn of New Year, we look at our own. It is a good habit. Arthur H. Sulzberger
12. I don't really have a New Year's resolution to go on a diet or anything like that. I am who i am, and i don't want to be somebody else. Karolina Kurkova
13. Year-end is neither an end nor a beginning, but a going on with all the wisdom, experience can instill in us. Hal Borland
14. He who breaks a resolution is a weakling. He who makes one is a fool. F. M. Knowles
15. A happy New Year! Grant that i may bring no tear to any eye. When this New Year in time shall end. Let it be said i've played the friend. Have lived and loved and labored here. And made of it a happy year. Edgar Guest
My Favourite New Year Quote
We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives............ not looking for flaws, but for potential. Ellen Goodman
New Year Txts And Status Updates
1. Just in case the lines are busy. Just in case I'm drunk and dizzy. Just in case you presume i've forgot, i ensure you dear i really have not. I send you all my love and Christmas cheer, and all the best for the New Year xx
2. Like birds, let us leave behind what we don't want to carry. Grudges, sadness, pain, fear and regrets. Life is beautiful, enjoy it. All the best for 2012.
3. Keep the smile, leave the tear. Think of joy, forget the fear. Hold the laugh, leave the pain. Be joyous, because its New Year again. Happy New Year!!
4. Before the golden sun sets, 2011's calendar is destroyed, and the networks get jammed. I would like to take this opportunity, to wish you all the best for 2012.
5. A new years resolution is something that goes in one year, and out the other.
6. New Year is the time to unfold new horizons and realize new dreams. A time to rediscover the faith and strength within you. A time to rejoice in simple pleasures, and gear up for new challenges. Wishing you a truly fulfilling 2012.
7. For 2012, may your dinner be finished before the telemarketers call, may your TV play commercials at a low volume, and may you be able to balance you checkbook like the IRS.
8. People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.
9. I wish you have 12 months of happiness, 52 weeks of fun, 365 days of success, 8760 hours of good health, 52600 minutes of good luck, 3153600 seconds of joy. Happy new year!!
10. There may have been times in 2011 when i may have disturbed you, troubled you, irritated you and bugged you................today i just want to tell you...............I plan to continue it in 2012!!
"The future will be better tomorrow."
"I do think New Years resolutions cant technically be expected to begin on New Years Day, don't you? Since, because it's an extension of New Year's Eve, smokers are already on a smoking roll and cannot be expected to stop abruptly on the stroke of midnight with so much nicotine in the system. Also dieting on New Year's Day isn't a good idea as you can't eat rationally, but really need to be free to consume whatever is necessary, moment by moment, in order to ease your hangover. I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second. Bridget Jone's Diary
More by this Author
Christmas weddings can be magical, here are some ideas to help you plan your special day. From the dress, cake and fabulous favours.
My Mum may not be here in person but I know she is here in spirit. I wanted to be able to do something special for my Mum every year. Here is some of the ways in which I do this and a few ideas that I have still yet to...
You may have seen the movie The Haunting in Connecticut but have you heard the real life story?