Valentine's Day For Singles
It is that time of year again, love is in the air and romance is abundant. Kids are making cards and flowers and chocolates are being purchased by the truck load. This is a special time of year that is if you are not single. But if you are single there is no need to fret or to hate Valentine’s Day. Trust me I used to be the same way and it is a waste of time. When I was younger and single the thought of Valentine’s Day would invoke my gag reflex. I would wear black and refused to get involved in anything related to the day, it was my hope that the day would pass by as quickly as possible. Instead of participating I would wallow in my own self pity. Drown my single sorrows in cake, ice cream or whatever I could find. That was until I figured something out. I figured out that I could be turning this day into something special for myself. After all the day is about love and I deserve love whether I am single or not even if I had to give it to myself, especially if I had to give it to myself.
If you are single and even if you are not celebrating Valentine’s Day is more than showing those that are dear to you that you love them. It is also a time where you should be showing yourself some love too.
The ten things that you should do on Valentine’s Day if you are single are:
- Go Shopping – Its all about making yourself feel good. What better way to do that then to get some new clothes or getting yourself something special that you would not normally buy for yourself.
- Have a Special Meal – Take yourself to dinner or if you are uncomfortable about going out to a restaurant by yourself invite some friends. Or make a special dinner for yourself at home, you can even order in just make it special dinner for you, have all of your favorites.
- Treat your Body to Something Special – Pamper yourself, go to a spa, go to the barbershop or the beauty salon and get a full treatment. Get a massage or get a full spa package, whatever you like just to make the day special for you.
- Buy Flowers – Buy yourself flowers or better yet a plant or a garden something that you can watch grow and that reminds you how much you love yourself.
- Buy Candy – Buy yourself a treat if it is candy you crave get candy, cookies, cake, ice cream or whatever it is you like on special days again spoil yourself with something you would never do or something that you absolutely love to do.
- See a Movie – Make some popcorn or grab those special treats from number 5 and watch your favorite DVD or take yourself to the movies again if you do not want to go alone invite some friends and have fun.
- Find Your Hobby – If you have a hobby do something special for that hobby, buy new supplies or a new “toy”. Do something special for yourself. Doing something that you love is a great way to treat yourself it can also keep your mind off of the day if you get involved in a project you love.
- Make a List – Make a list of the top ten things that you love about yourself and then make a list of the top ten things you would like to improve about yourself. Make it a process of loving yourself and growing as well.
- Write a Letter – Write a letter to yourself or to someone you love. Writing letters can be cathartic, a release of any anger or negative feelings you have. Once the letter is written you can move on.
- Volunteer – Give back. There is no better feeling than giving of yourself and your time. Or if you would rather make a donation. All of these things can provide you with an amazing feeling it’s a reward like no other and there numerous organizations that need help, find something you like and do it.
If you are single you can still celebrate Valentine’s Day. You should love yourself everyday of the year but take this day to do something extra special for yourself you can do some of these things or splurge and do them all. Make this a day that you show yourself how much you truly love yourself.
Happy Valentine’s Day
ABC’s Valentine’s Day Song
Martina McBride – Valentine
More by this Author
The 70s is filled with Female Singers. From Aretha Franklin to Deborah Harry. There were so many influential women in several different music genres that have made a significant impact on today's music.
Being a phone actress takes talent. Making someone believe a fantasy over the phone can be incredibly tricky! Here are some helpful hints to help you to be the best phone actress.
Today many people are looking for work at home job opportunities. This can be very difficult since many work from home jobs are actually scams. How can you avoid the scams and what are real work from home jobs.