Honesty, It's Not Just A Word
Honesty Quotes and Sayings
- A half truth is a whole lie. - Yiddish Proverb
- Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. - Thomas Jefferson
- Level with your child by being honest. Nobody spots a phony quicker than a child. - Mary MacCracken
- Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain't lawful tender for a loaf of bread. - Josh Billings
- Truth exists; only falsehood has to be invented. - George Braque
- No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. - Abraham Lincoln
- The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale. - Authur C. Clarke
- Of all feats of skill, the most difficult is that of being honest. - Comtesse Diane
- If falsehood, like truth, had but one face, we would be more on equal terms. For we would consider the contrary of what the liar said to be certain. But the opposite of truth has a hundred thousand faces and an infinite field. - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
- No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true. - Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people. - Frank McKinney Hubbard
- Being entirely honest with oneself is good exercise. - Sigmund Freud
- Men are disposed to live honestly, if the means of doing so are open to them. - Thomas Jefferson
- Our lives improve only when we take chances - and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves. - Walter Anderson
- Truth fears no questions. - Unknown
- I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. - George Washington
- Accuracy is the twin brother of honesty; inaccuracy, of dishonesty. - Nathaniel Hawthorne
Tips to help you be more honest
- accept responsibility for your actions, don't blame others.
- Think before you give a dishonest answer.
- Be careful of how and when you exaggerated.
- Do not indulge in little white lies.
- Be honest about your feelings
- Make a commitment to be honest.
- Don't twist the truth or leave something out.
- Think of others.
- When you know about a lie and don't let someone know the lie will continue to live.
- Think before you use sarcasm or irony.
- Face issues as they arise.
- Think before you try to give an explanation or reason for behavior
- Admit when you have made a mistake.
- Ask yourself silently what the best way to answer is.
- When you catch yourself telling a lie, stop, and then tell the truth.
- If you are thinking about lying, think of the consequences.
- Reward yourself for sticking to the truth especially when it was hard.
Reasons to be honest
- Telling the truth the first time will usually keep you from getting into as much trouble as you would if you start out with a lie.
- People will trust you more if you are known for telling the truth.
- You won't have to keep telling lies to keep your story straight.
- You won't have to remember what you said. If you tell the truth all you have to remember is what happened.
- Telling the truth lets everyone know what actually happened. It keeps misunderstandings, confusion and conflict at a minimum.
- You gain the reputation for being a truthful person - this is a very good thing.
- Telling the truth keeps innocent people from being blamed or punished.
- If you have the reputation for lying you may not believed someday when you need help.
- Telling the truth makes you feel secure and peaceful within yourself.
Dishonesty Quotes and Sayings
- Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche. - Lesley Conger
- What is dishonestly got is dishonestly squandered. - Cicero
- Don't place too much confidence in the man who boasts of being honest as the day is long. Wait until you meet him at night. - Robert C. Edwards
- Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. - Luke 16:10
- The greatest truth is honesty, and the greatest falsehood is dishonesty. - Abu Bakr
- Dishonesty is so grasping it would deceive God himself, if it were able. -George Bancroft
- False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil. - Socretes
- Better to be poor and honest than to be dishonest and a fool. - Proverbs 19:11
- Exhibiting Honesty and Integrity While Searching for...
When faced with a choice between telling the truth and being discriminated against or telling a lie and getting what you rightfully deserve, which way will you let the chips fall?
- How to Build Trust and Honesty with Your Teenage Dau...
There are many life skills that we need to teach our children before they become adults and venture out on their own. One of them is Trust and Honesty. It seems as though this particular lesson needs to be revisited and will be tested as your child e
- The Future of Radical Honesty
Are we embarking on an age of radical honesty? I've taken a look at the trend and some of its interesting manifestations, ranging from fictional appearances in Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, to real life movements in the form of social media and D
- Honest-to-God Honesty
The human quality of honesty is important, but this article is mostly about the popular cottage garden plant known as Honesty.
- Activities to Teach Kids Honesty
- Teaching Your Children Honesty | Stories and Books a...
Children learn from examples, and given the examples of dishonesty they encounter every day in the world around them, teaching a child about honesty can be a challenging task. A parent can only effectively...
More by this Author
Perseverance is that extra push that keeps you going when you want to throw up you hands and quit. Without that little quality called perseverance you will never meet your goals.
There are angels among us in every shape and form. They surround us with love and safety.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.