Quotes of Courage
- Rascals! Would you live forever?!
-Frederick the Great while leading reluctant soldiers into battle
- Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.
-Karl Von Clausewitz
- Cowards die many times before their death; the valiant never taste of death once.
- Two qualities are indispensable: first, an intellect that, even in the darkest hour, retains some glimmerings of the inner light which leads to truth; and second, the courage to follow this faint light wherever it may lead.
-Karl Von Clausewitz
- Cowardice...is almost always simply a lack of ability to suspend the functioning of the imagination.
- Courage is rightly esteemed the first human qualities...because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
- Courage! I shall find the means to act. -Antigone in Aeschylus, Seven Against Thebes
- Courage is a moral quality; it is not a chance gift of nature like an aptitude for games. It is a cold choice between two alternatives, the fixed resolve not to quit; an act of renunciation which must be made not once but many times by the power of the will. Courage is willpower. -Lord Morgan
- Moral courage is higher and a rarer virtue than physical courage. -Field Marshal Sir William J. Slim
- One man with courage is a majority. -Thomas Jefferson
- Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage. -Confucius
- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. -Seneca
- Peerless, fearless, an army's flower!
Sterner Soldiers the world never saw,
Marching lightly, that summer's hour,
To death and failure and fame forever.
-Helen Gray Cone
- Courage without conscience is a wild beast.
-Robert G. Ingersoll
- The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue.
- War is fear cloaked in courage.
-General William Westmoreland
- The courage we desire and prize is not the courage to die decently, but to live manfully.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
- Courage is the fear of being thought a coward.
- Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
-General George Patton
- The sense of danger is never, perhaps, so fully apprehended as when the danger has been overcome.
-Sir Arthur Helps
- But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle--victorious.
- Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
- Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace.
Great Books of Quotes:
More by this Author
A step-by-step guide, with pictures, detailing everything one needs to know to change the oil and oil filter in their 2004-2010 Nissan Titan.
How-to article on replacing OEM sway bar links on a Nissan Titan 4x4 with a Moog Suspension link kit using basic hand tools in the comfort of your own garage. Easy project requiring less than an hour.
A comprehensive list of all the NCAA Rivalry Game Trophies available to win on EA Sports NCAA Football 2013.