jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

buzz, buzz, buzz

1. sclark31 profile image61
    sclark31posted 6 years ago

When I was 20 yrs old, and a student at a small University, I decided I wanted straight A's. A peer suggested I try some speed to keep up with my expectations.  Holy shit. I was like a fucking honey bee gone horribly wrong. I got the grades. I also enduced my very first hypomanic experience.
    My friends and family didn't quite get what was going on. I decided I wanted to move in with my boyfriend. So, I showed up, unannounced. I think I looked mad all of the time. I didn't engage in conversation. I'd mix alcohol into the mix too, once in awhile. Bad idea.
    I ruined the relationship with my man, and with my roomate, and with my boss.
    Sometimes I think I just looked like I was on a very dedicated, serious mission.  I was fucking mess.
    When I lost Mr.P (my ex) I decided to quit the speed. It was too late. Mr.P and I kept in touch once in awhile. I don't remember ever making sense to him, and I'll forever regret that. 
    Anyway, that was the first episode of my illness. I was high as a fucking kite. What would take place in years to come, would change my life, forever.
    I forever will continue to struggle with my illness. It has brought out the best and worst of me.
    Look forward to many more stories, and perspectives from my "unquiet" mind.
    Have a good one!

2. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

You should place this in a hub being careful of the profane words, I do wish you all of the best with over-coming your illness. smile

3. SummerSteward profile image59
    SummerStewardposted 6 years ago

I agree with AE, this could be a very compelling hub if written accordingly. Blessings to you, stay strong and remember... one day at a time.

4. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

WRITE A HUB!!!!!

My Mom loved speed....nevermind, I almost started a hub...  smile

1. blake4d profile image78
      blake4dposted 6 years ago in reply to this

5. daisyf1305 profile image76
    daisyf1305posted 6 years ago

I started this project where I write and you help me see the light of my work through critisisim.
    <no self-promoting links>

6. emmajayne89 profile image60
    emmajayne89posted 6 years ago

My poetry teacher always recommends us getting drunk before we start writing anything! Its how all the old fashioned beat poets worked but by golly, it doesn't work for me.
    I just write nonsense when I'm drunk.
    So I'm not sure what she was on about!

1. Sab Oh profile image61
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does she recommend you get drunk at her house? If so, you might want to consider transferring.