Five Simple Ways to Make Your Living Area Look New - Without Spending a Dime
Create A Larger Living Space
Your living space can easily become boring if you do not make changes regularly. Do you have a living space in your home that you want to change? Do you want your living area to look larger and more exciting? Do you want your living space to look new? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you have come to the right place.
In my home, my living room and dining room connect – it is one large space. You get the picture. For several months I had been thinking about moving the rug from my dining area to my living room area. In my mind I could visualize what the final look would be. With the help of my sons, we became “one momma and two sons” moving company.
- Rearrange The Furniture and Remove Clutter.
- This is a tried and true change. The goal of seating is to make it conversational – so move the pieces close but far enough to enjoy some space between. Use your ottoman (or coffee table) for the center and the effect is beautiful.
- I think you will agree with this method of creating space. Remove anything in the room that does not belong or enhance the look you want. Remove anything that distracts from the beauty of your room. Now the room flows and is pleasant to the eye.
- A neutral color sofa does wonders for a room. You can always add color to your area through your rug, window treatments, or pictures.
- Exchange Window Treatments. Take the window scarf from one room to the other room – just switch – my oldest son helped with this move. Take the dining room scarf and place it in the living room over the blinds. Let the scarf drop a little into the blinds – this makes for a dramatic look. Take two scarves and put them in the dining room over the window – covering the window. Place one scarf over the other – and you have an elegant window treatment.
- Move your area rug from one space to another space. We discovered that when we moved the largest rug from the dining room to the living room – it not only made the room look larger, but it also made the room look new. The rug brought the furniture together and gave it a warm and inviting look. The living room rug is now in the dining area.
- Turn your dining room table in the opposite direction. Instead of being vertical, change the table in a horizontal direction. The look is amazing. By turning the table in a horizontal direction, more space was created – now the whole room looks larger. Since the dining area and living area are open - the new direction of the dining table makes it look more private and intimate. The 90 degree turn increased the space, yet still created a nice change.
- Use What You Have. I did not purchase one item to make these changes. I had everyhing I needed in two rooms. I had the furniture, scarves, area rugs, and a vision of what I wanted. The soft green scarf gave the living room the final touch - whereby creating a soft calming look. Take a look around your home and try some things out, you will be amazed at the difference small changes can make in decorating your home.
Cheap Decorating Tips
Switch Area Rug from Another Room
Rotate Table 90 Degrees
Drape a Scarf Over Blinds
Living Room Decorating Ideas
One Momma and Two Sons Moving Company
My youngest son was the architect – sketching out the plan of attack. My eldest son provided the height needed to position the window treatments - and I helped in any way I could. The results of our creative design turned out far greater than we anticipated. We were amazed at the space we had created and the room makeover that looks new.....without spending a dime!
More by this Author
Women over forty want a different career. Opportunities for women over forty can be found online, the internet. Forty year old women face challenges like: raising children; caring for aging parents and retirement. ...
Bragg organic apple cider vinegar gives you amazing energy. Get the one with 'mother'. You energy will boost within days. If you feel sluggish, you might need to detox. ACV helps your body detox and rid it of...
Characteristics of a passionate person. Passion is having strong emotions about something. Passion is something that you have on the inside of you that motivates you to go a step further. Passion drives you beyond...