How to Make a Gutter Garden
My Gutter garden
How to make a Gutter garden
This is a good use for some used gutter that i had laying around. i like to try to find other uses for stuff. good way to recycle.
I was cleaning out a customer’s Gutters a couple weeks ago and pulling little oak trees out of the gutters that were 6" tall. She hadn't had them cleaned in a while. When I was doing that I started thinking about a use for some old gutters that I had replaced for another customer.
Materials and tools needed.
Piece of gutter
L and R End Cap
Drill Bit 3/8
1/8 drill bit
1. Measure the length for where you might want to hang or Lay it on the ground. You could put it up on Blocks. Attach it under a wooden Handrail. Run some screws in through the side and paint the outside of the Gutter any color that you want. Or attach it to a wooden fence between the posts or stack them 2 high.
2. After cutting the length install an end cap on both ends. They push on the cut has to be square.
3. After pushing on take gutter cement and cement the inside of the gutter. Let set till dry. Optional Drill and install 3 Rivets, 1 in Bottom and one in each side. See Photo B and C
4. Take a 3/8 inch drill bit and Drill some holes in the bottom for drainage. See photo D
5. Line the bottom with enough gravel to cover bottom see Photo E
6.Then fill with soil.
7. Happy Planting.
More by this Author
I hope that this will help you design and build steps on your deck
I hope this step by step instruction helps you with your deck project
i hope that you find these picture's and explanations easy to follow and please read part 2 and 3