The Secret To Cleaner Windows.
When I'm Cleaning Windows.
Not just a funny song by George Formby, but a good way to start this article. ' When I'm cleaning windows' there are secrets to cleaner windows which I use to get the best results. It doesn't involve using chemical sprays but I have to say there are some good ones on the market that do exactly what they say on the tin as it were.
Top tips when I'm cleaning windows.
- Wash windows with warm soapy water first
- Dry off with a soft cloth or wash leather.
- Add a few drops of vinegar to some cold water
- Clean windows again.
- Dry off again with a soft cloth.
- Rub over clean windows with a sheet of newspaper and buff to a smear free shine.
- Stand back and admire the results.
- Don't forget to clean the window sills whilst you are there.
Safety is paramount if you are cleaning windows both from the inside and outside and a few simple rules should be observed.
- Be aware of your surroundings and check for hazards.
- If using steps, ladders or are climbing on things, be sure they are properly secured.
- Never over reach off ladders or out of windows.
- If possible get someone to foot a ladder or step ladders.
- Keep a hand free to hold on.
Accidents in the home caused by slips, trips and falls are the most common so beware. If you are unsteady on ladders or at all scared of heights then employ a person to clean the windows for you.
So now you have clean windows, stand back and admire them and hope and pray that it now doesn't rain to spoil them.
More by this Author
So, your radiators are hot but you have no hot water. Read on to find out how to restore your hot water.
Is your Hotpoint Aquarius WML540 Washing machine leaking water? Read on to find out how to cure it.
How to repair your Hotpoint Dishwasher is an article to help diagnose your dishwasher problem. Read on to find out more....