How to Install a Kitchen Hood for a Range Stove
What is a kitchen hood? It is the kitchen fixture above the stove that removes the cooking air from the kitchen. They can be as simple as recirculating air and removing particles from the air, or sophisticated systems with ductwork to remove the air to the outside. Things needed to install a kitchen hood:
- New hood and manufacturer's hood kit
- Instruction manual
- Knowledge of where the circuit breaker is and basic home electrical wiring
- Tools as needed: electric drill, hand held screwdriver, hex-head driver, measuring tape, level, heavy duty stapler (to strap any wires down), grounding screw (should be inside the hood kit), and more as needed as described in the manual
Below are some great links and videos for those interested in changing the kitchen venting system or replacing an old one with a newer model.
Helpful Links for Installing Range Hoods
- Installing A Range Hood Under A Kitchen Wall Cabinet
Installing a non-venting recirculating Nutone range hood.
- Installing Kitchen Range Hoods
Help for installing kitchen range hoods.
- Installing a Range Hood
How to install or replace a kitchen hood.
- Choosing Range Hood Vents
Air flow calculations for hood vents.
- Types of Hood Ventilation Systems
You can't just rely on open windows or an old recirculating vent to keep kitchen air clean.
More by this Author
Volkswagen is a popular manufacturer for cars, and the early types are now collector's items for those who love the brand. There are four basic types of Volkswagen vehicles.
You don't need a special embroidery machine to do machine embroidery. Machine embroidery can be done with a standard sewing machine. Here are the steps to complete the task.
Have a rhinestone design kit and lost the instructions? Or perhaps received one second-hand or as a hand-me-down? Here are basic instructions on how to use it, how to change the plungers, and how to identify the size of...