Why You Should Interview Your Realtor Before You List Your Home get a cma
Interview and know your Realtor
Interview your Realtors first!
It’s Okay to do so, after all this is your home and your money.
As with any interview prepare a list of questions.
What will your Agency do for me?
How and where will you advertise my property?
What is expected of me the homeowner?
I suggest you interview at least two to three Realtors from different agencies.
Find out who will live up to your expectations.
I have outlined a few suggestions.
You will want a Realtor that has a consistent display of customer service.
1. Returning e-mails and phone calls
2. Goes above and beyond what clients expect
3. Represents you and your best interests
4. Makes you feel at ease and assured
You will want a Realtor to advertise your property effectively.
1. In the interview ask the realtor to provide you with examples of current listings to
show how they are featured in various marketing tools, such as MLS, Websites,
and print ads. Some Realtors can present your home in video tour, and post them
to You Tube.
2. Have the realtor present you with a (CMA) Competitive Market Analysis.
This information is used to show what similar properties sold for in the last 6 to 8 months.
Allowing you, the home owner to list your home that is priced competitively.
3. Once a price is set, have the realtor provide you with an estimated net proceeds
worksheet. This allows you to know what you will gain after all commissions, fees,
mortgage balances have been paid.
Ask the Realtor what will be expected of you as the seller
1. You will need to provide the realtor with copies of your last mortgage statement
2. Copy of a survey if available
3. Copy of any deed restrictions (if any)
4. Copy of tax statements
5. If available, provide the realtor with copies of appraisals, home inspections, pest
inspection reports and or treatments, and any warranty paperwork for work done to home.
6. You may need to do a little sprucing up, such as moving extra furniture to storage, cleaning
windows, touch-up painting on door jams and base boards, and lawn care. Remember curb
appeal, and an open uncluttered floor plan help sell the home.
You want your Realtor to be honest upfront and not afraid to tell the truth, after all we both have the same goal in mind and that is to SELL YOUR Home.
After you have completed your interviews go with the Agent that you feel will best represent you, and your needs.
About the Author:
I am a Texas Realtor located in the Austin, Cedar Park, Leander and Round Rock area
Brigitte Thompson, Realtor, Austin Texan Realty www.premieraustinhomesearch.com
More by this Author
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.
Cheesy Spaghetti and Meatball Recipe, Cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker XL, cooks in less than 40 minutes.
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes
No comments yet.