Palm Tree Care - Part II
This article is written as a continuation of the main article about palm tree care tips. So in case you haven't read that read it here: Palm Tree Care Part I.
Chinese Fan Palm
Native to the islands of southern Japan, the Chinese fan palm is a hardy plant which will thrive with a little care.
- Place it in full sunlight to partial shade areas.
- Water requirements for the Chinese Fan Palm are high so water it regularly and heavily. It also has a mild drought tolerance so it is alright if you forget to water it.
- Try not to expose it to frost and extended periods of extreme cold.
It is a beautiful, tough and medium sized palm tree that can grow to a height of about 30 feet. It is easy to care for this plant, here are a few tips.
- Water it on regular basis, however it will survive if you forget to water it as it is a drought tolerant plant.
- It has a moderate ability to survive cold but temperatures below 25 degrees Fahrenheit can harm the plant.
- Place it in full sun.
The windmill palm tree is a beautiful, cold hardy palm that is native to Central China.
- Place it partial shade. However it is also tolerant to full sun.
- Water regularly.
The hardiest of all palms when it comes to cold and frost tolerance, the needle palm is a low-height, slow growing palm that reaches to a maximum height of about 10 feet.
- Place it in full sun to partial shade areas.
- Plant in well drained soil.
- As it can bear extremely cold temperatures down to -15 degrees Fahrenheit, make sure you water accordingly if you have it planted in such cold temperature. Excess of watering in winters will kill it of root rot.
More by this Author
I am a big lover of palm trees and here I am going to share some of my favorite palm trees with you. Kentia palms are beautiful palms native to the Lord Howe island of Australia. Now, these plants have reached almost...
The bamboo palm (chamaedorea seifrizii) is a beautiful, commonly kept houseplant that works as an air purifier. It has a bamboo like stem and a few of these stems grow from an underground bulb of roots. Leaves are flat,...
I have collected these random facts from various sources on the internet(like Wikipedia), so they may or may not be true. Now please proceed to reading these interesting random bits. Butterflies cannot fly if their...