Tip To Prevent a Home invasion
The number one thing people worry about when moving into a new home is security. If, you have smaller children moving in with you then it doubles the worry of a person. You are constantly thinking about how to keep your family safe and secure in your new environment.
The biggest obstacle is that we are bombarded with ads for every imaginable home security system out there. Some of these home security systems are relatively inexpensive, but some can cost into the thousands on top of a monthly fee. But, I have some free tips I would like to share with you to help take the worry out of security in your new home. There are simple yet effective ways for you to improve the security of your home and become less of a target for would be thieves.
First let’s get into the mind of a burglar for a moment. On average someone that has targeted your home and that wants to break in will do it on the spur of the moment. So, according to the national police database a potential burglar will not spend more than a few minutes looking for a easy entry into your home. Nine time out of ten if someone that is looking to break in goes over that amount of time his chances of getting caught have greatly increased. So, doing some minor indoor and outdoor improvements will discourage detract most of the burglars that want to get in.
Opportunities that burglars will exploit
1. Most of the time when you are not home and a burglar gets into your home they have gained entry through unlocked doors and windows. You would be surprised at the amount of people that leave one or the other unlocked. So, simply taking a short walk around our home and making sure the windows are door are locked will prevent a lot of break-ins
2. Quality windows and doors with good locks on them help dramatically. Sometimes having just a dead bolt on a door means a few good kicks and they are in. So, invest money n some good window and door locks to prevent this from happening.
3. Patio doors are a very common place for would be burglars to gain entry into your home. So, simply taking the time to make sure they are locked can prevent you from getting robbed. Some other things you can do with sliding glass doors is to simply add a stick in the track. When someone tries to open the door from the outside the stick will prevent it. Also drilling a small hole into the two doors and adding a small pin will keep them locked as well.
4. First floor windows are usually another target for thieves. Simply adding extra shrubbery in the way can go a long way in preventing them from robbing you.
5. If you can afford it add a simple detection alarm or motion sensor to darker areas of your yard this can frighten burglars that want to come into your home. Lighting areas that may be targets go a long way in discouraging them
Using these simple steps can ensure that you are better protected then your neighbors. If, you can afford a monthly payment then a home alarm is a great option. So, go to bed a little easier knowing your family is safer because you took the initiative.
More by this Author
Uruguay is a unque and interesting country in south america. There is tons of history, culture, and traditions to be learned. So, come and see some of the fun and interesting facts on Uruguay
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...
Fun facts about guatemala, everything you ever wanted to know about guatemala