flacoinohio profile image 85

Why do associations collect dues for ammenities and then charge extra fees for access to ammenities?

As a homeowner in a neighborhood with an Association, I am required to pay annual dues to the Association to maintain community property. However, if I want to access community amenities, I must pay an additional fee. Now I chose the word access, because according to a board trustee, community members cannot be charged a membership fee because they are already member of the association. But an access fee can be charged, which removes equal access to community amenities to people with fixed and low incomes. What do you think?

DreamerMeg profile image88

DreamerMeg says

• flacoinohio profile image

flacoinohio 4 years ago

Excellent response I believe my rational clearly indicates I have communicated with trustees, I am even quoting the president of the board. Does that mean your not going to answer the question?