Bosch Saw Review
Bosch offers a wide variety of cordless and wired tools. When looking for one of the best saws, Bosch is the place to go. They have some of the best saws ranging from circular saws, handsaws, jigsaws, and table saws. These saws are unmatched in performance and accuracy. Bosch saws are precise and true to every line. You won't be disappointed with one of these tools.
The basic saws that most people will want in their home shop will vary between the circular saw, hand saw, jigsaw, miter saw, and table saw, so to check out the specs and features of these power tools before you purchase.
You will find that Bosch tools offers the best tools for the dollar, and even though sometimes that may require a few bucks, you'll know that your money is well spent with a long lifespan. These tools are easy to handle, easy to hold, and easy to use, which is very important when choosing a new saw. If you're going to use the power tool, you want to make sure that it's going to be comfortable and easy to use.
Bosch Circular Saw
- 15 amp motor with 5500 RPM
- Easy tool storage
- Dust blower
- Aluminum footplate
- Adjustable bevel and depth levers
- Cuts at 2-7/16 inches at 90 degrees, 1-5/8 inches at 50 degrees, and 1-7/8 inches at 45 degrees
- Direct Connect Cord System so that the plug doesn't snag and the cord is easy to repair
- Bevel Detent Sytem for fast adjustments to common cut angles (22.5 and 45 degrees)
The Bosch circular saw has a line of sight that is unmatched to any other brand so that you get accurate cuts every time. You'll find that most people give the Bosch circular saw 5 out of 5 stars because of its accuracy and usability.
- 3.5 amp motor with 2000-2800 RPM and a 5/8 inch stroke
- Plastic housing
- Electronic variable speed control
- Dial control stroke rate
- Click quick tool-less blade changes
- 2-1/2 inch cutting capacity in wood and a 3/4 inch cutting capacity in plastic
- High-alloy steel blade that mounts on either the left or right side
The Bosch handsaw is favored because of its ergonomic design, which makes the tool easy to handle and use. It's a low-vibration tool, so it's perfect to use. The handsaw offers very accurate cutting to the point where you can get flush to the surface, meaning if you have a stud that's poking out a little too far, you can slice off the extra flush to the surface. The flush cutting blade is reversible, so you can cut left or right. This saw works great with baseboards, tile, and so much more.
- 6.4 amp
- Four-position stroke control
- Variable speed trigger (500-2800 strokes per minute)
- One-touch blade change
- Durable hard plastic body with a soft grip
- Easy-to-read scale that measures up to 45 degree bevel cuts
The Bosch jigsaw may weigh a little more than some other jigsaws, but the weight of the tool helps to absorb most of the vibrations. The duster helps keep the area clean so that you can see your work space and ensure your cut is accurate. This saw will provide fine precision to the most delicate and intricate work. You don't have to be a professional to use and figure out how to get accurate cuts with the Bosch jigsaw.
Bosch Miter Saw
- 15 amp motor with 4800 RPM and 3 horsepower
- Wide miter range of 52 degrees both right and left
- 10 inch dual bevel compound miter saw blade
- Arbor mounted laser tracking system
- Cast iron base with carbide tipped saw blade
- Easy-to-reach bevel-angle controls
- Four position handle with ergonomic comfort
- Bevels 47 degrees to the left and 46 degrees to the right
- Bevel stops at 0, 33.9, and 45 degrees (left and right)
The Bosch miter saw is perfect for baseboards and crown molding. You can get the joints smooth and accurate. The duster may not be as good as some of the other brands of miter saws, but the laser precision and accurate levers and gauges, you are still very much guaranteed angles and cuts.
Bosch Table Saw
- 15 amp with 4 horsepower and 3650 RPM
- Squarelock rip fence for maximum accuracy
- Sub-Base increases tool life
- Carry handles for portability
- Single point bevel movement for consistent accuracy
- Bevel cuts between -2 and 47 degrees in addition to dado cuts up to 13/16 inch
- Smart Guard System provides unparalleled visibility and enhanced user protection so you can see the cuts better while helping to avoid kickback or blade contact
You'll find that most users will rate the Bosch Table Saw 5 out of 5 stars. It's easy to work with and provides precision cuts. The safety features, such as the riving knife, blade guard, and anti-kickback pawls, tend to draw more people to this table saw versus the others. It can be a little troublesome carrying the saw up and down stairs since it does weigh about 40 pounds, but being able to move it around is definitely a big convenience.
Bosch Construction Saw
- 4400 rpm
- Direct connect cord (no built-in cord; use only extension cord)
- 50 degree bevel capacity
- Anti-snag lower guard
- Magnesium motor housing and footplate
- Rear handle design offers more power and straighter cuts
- Single-lever operation to change depth and bevels
- Lower guard design to prevent snagging
The Bosch Wormdrive Saw is a little heavy, but that's easy to get over because the saw offers very precise cutting. Because there isn't a cord, you don't have to worry about cutting it off; it's so much easier to replace an extension cord if you accidentally splice it in two. You should also be careful of the 45 angle mark, as once you get there, it can be a little harder to see where you're cutting. This Bosch saw is probably one of the slightly weaker saws that they make, but it's still top of the line.
More by this Author
When installing a home ceiling fan you want to make sure that your follow several safety tips and warnings so that you prevent fire hazards, electrical shock, and personal injury. Read carefully when looking over the...
Hand grinders are being used more frequently in various industries, typically fabrication, mechanical, contracting, masonry, and welding, and if you don't use the tool properly, it can and will cause you or someone...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
No comments yet.