Recipe: Chicken Biryani
This is a very famous Indian dish, available in most Restuarants. We prepare at home with our own little twist ...
- 1 full chicken cut in medium size pieces
- 3 spoons Biryani masala, I use Shan brand Malay biryani
- 2 onions
- 6 chillies (small) cut in lengthwise
- Ginger, Garlic paste 1 tbsp each
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp yogurt (curds)
- 1/4 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro)
- 3.5 cups white Basmati rice
- Optional - few bay leaf, couple of Cinnamin sticks
- 4 tbsp oil
- First marinate Chicken pieces with Yogurt, garam masala, salt, Biryani masala, ginger & garlic paste for few hours. This gives Chicken very good taste.
- Soak rice in water for about 1/2 to 1 hour
- Now heat oil in a vessel in which you will be cooking biryani
- add chillies and fry for 1-2 minutes
- add onions and fry untill they are brown
- add tomato fry for couple of minutes
- now add marinated Chicken with other ingrediants, coriander powder and mix everything together and fry for 15 minutes turning once every few minutes
- now add bay leaf, cinnamin sticks, coriander leaves and fry for 2 minutes
- now add 5 cups of water and soaked rice
- cook until rice is done mixing the contents occasionally
This is a classic chicken recipe and should serve for 4-6 people.
More by this Author
Recently my GE Space-maker Microwave (7 years old, model JVM1631BB) stopped heating food. When I start it works as if it is heating food, but it was not heating food. After doing some research online I found that it is...