Recipe: Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry Recipe
This is a chicken curry recipe I have mastered recently.
- Chicken 2.5 lb (1 kg), cut into small size pieces
- Potato - 1 medium size, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Onions- 1 large, finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 small
- Chilli powder - 3/4 tbsp, you can add more if you want it very spicy
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tbsp each
- Cardomom seeds - 8
- Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Paprika powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1.75 tbsp
- Cumin and fennel seeds - 1/4 tbsp each
- Yogurt (curds) - 2 tbsp
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves - 2 branches
- Curry leaves - 8 -10
- First mix ingrediants listed from 5 to 13
- Mix chicken and above mixture thoroughly
- Let the chicken marinate for atleast 2 hour, more the better
- Heat oil in a vessel on medium flame, add curry leaves when they splutter add cumin and fennel seeds stir for few seconds.
- Now add onions and fry for about 3 minutes stirring few times.
- Now add tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes
- Now add potato and chicken and mix everything thoroughly
- Let this cook for 10 minutes stirring once in the middle
- Now add about 1 cup of water and yogurt and mix everything
- Cook curry on above medium flame for about 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked fully
- Note: It's better to cook chicken in open vessel than pressure cooker (comes out better), because it doesn't take much time to cook chicken unlike meat curry
- Add coriander leaves few minutes before you turn off stove
- Taste the curry and adjust the salt and chilli powder according to your taste
Enjoy this mouth watering chicken curry with friends and family. Eat curry with paratha or rice.
More by this Author
Recently my GE Space-maker Microwave (7 years old, model JVM1631BB) stopped heating food. When I start it works as if it is heating food, but it was not heating food. After doing some research online I found that it is...
No comments yet.