What's for dessert? I always remember the tall palm trees along the shore when I was in the Philippines. And those tall palm trees have a hundred and one uses. Not only that, it looks so romantic when its straight body bends on the shore. Others call it palm tree or coconut tree. Boy, as its leaves rush with the hush of the wind it makes me remember home sweet home. And remembering home, food would always come to mind. After dinner would you wonder what's for dessert? Here's an inexpensive and very delicious dessert you can share with your family. It is also very easy to prepare.
Estimated preparation and cooking time: 5-15 minutes
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 cups coconut milk
1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup grounded roasted peanuts
1. Mix cornstarch and sugar in a bowl. Add water and stir.
2. Add the sweet corn kernels and evaporated milk to the mixture .
3. Bring coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan. Gradually stir in the cornstarch
mixture. Sift with colander when the cornstarch have not melt well.
4. Stir and boil for 5 minutes or until the starch is cooked.
5. Pour into a buttered cake pan and let cool.
6. When it is cool, turn it upside down and sprinkle some ground roasted
7. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Then take it out, and dig in! Enjoy!
More by this Author
Rice is a part of an important diet to a lot of people all over the world. In fact, it is considered a staple food for filipinos, other asian countries, middle eastern countries and even in Latin America. Some people...