How NOT to Worry About Money
Let's face it - money matters. No matter how we convince ourselves of the fact that money is evil and the root of all evil, money does matter. We need money to feed our family, to pay for hospital bills, to be able to afford basic necessities and so many others.
So how NOT to worry about money? Here are some practical tips on how NOT to make money the be-all and end-all of all your endeavors:
1. Prayer. This is the most important step. God knows all our fears, worries, motivations, etc. When you pray, let God know about your money worries, what you need money for and how it can help you. God understands that to some extent, we do need money. But do not make money more important than your faith. God provides for all that you need - including money.
Ask God. Do not be backward in asking Him. God takes pleasure in providing for His creatures. He will not withhold a blessing in the form of money, if you truly need it.
2. Save. Saving money is vital. When you have money, it is important to set aside some for rainy days. A good rule of the thumb to follow is to save 10 percent of your income each month. The money should not be used unless for emergency reasons.
3. Invest money. In order to earn money, it is vital to invest money. Making your money grow is the whole point of investment. Investing money could come in the form of establishing a website, buying stocks, creating a new business, investing in pension and others.
Investing enables the person to have a number of sources of income not just from salary. If the salary is suddenly cut off, the person has other sources to get money from.
4. Do a variety of work. A little money goes a long way. Do not rely on one source of income. For instance, if you work in the office in the morning, you can write for Hubpages at nighttime. This way if you lost your job, you have a ready alternative income waiting for you.
5. Ask for help. If you are pressed for money, it does not hurt to ask for help from family members or
Do these steps and you will feel your money worries go away. Remember all the time that God cares for you. Ask Him for what you need and you will have it. Just believe in your heart. Even if your prayers are not answered, still the act of praying can sufficiently wipe your financial worries away!
More by this Author
Everyday Use by Alice Walker is a story of a mother and her two daughters, Maggie and Dee. Despite being sisters, Maggie and Dee’s personalities are as opposite as night and day. Dee is the popular one who aspires...
Plato to a certain extent espoused the feminists’ view of women being equal to men. Some of Plato’s views on The Republic support this claim particularly in book 5 where Plato tackles on Socrates’...
The tragedy of Hamlet delves on life, love and tyranny. All the major protagonists and antagonists in the play die in the end. In the process, they all redeemed themselves by dying...