jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Ethanol gas Blends putting Bite in budget

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I 'm just reporting my personal findings about he good effects of the ethanol in gasoline. It's supposed to help clean the air but from my personal standpoint, it's cleaning out my tank and wallet faster.
    If only some countries are using ethanol how is it helping the environment?
    I wish I could find real gasoline again!

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

"Obama has done this to please giant ethanol distillers like Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), who financed Obama's presidential campaign, ..."

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It helps the environment because it is a renewable and sustainable resource (plants). Anyone can make ethanol for a lot of different plants.  And hopefully we will move to a more sensible source like switchgrass, not a foodstuff like corn.

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's one of the reasons that corn prices are so high, it's making corn syrup prices higher. Makes your  car run like crap, dissolves into water and rusts the inside of your car tank - and cost more energy to produce than regular gas. And how is this all saving the environment? I can't think of a single environmental benefits other than lies.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The benefit is you can mow down plants and grow new plants locally without digging huge holes, filling ships with crude, starting wars over it, having spills that destroy entire coastlines, etc.