How Illiteracy Can Be Eradicated In Our Society
Illiteracy simply means the inability to read and write. In effort to eradicate illiteracy, government must try as much as possible to give priority to education.
1. In the first place, the government should make education free for all the citizens at all levels as well as making provisions for necessarsy text-books and study materials for the students. This is highly important because some people have not been able to go to school due to their parents financial and economic problems and this increase the rate of illiteracy in the society.
2. Furthermore, the government as well as the individuals that are economically bouyant should try to organise educational loans and scholarship funds. This will help more students to further their education. The funds will also be used to build more classrooms with good teaching equipments.
3. The federal ministry of education should make it compulsory that the teachers must have at least, a university degree in order to give proper education to students, the leaders of tomorrow.
4. Organisation of literacy classes should also be made available for the adults especially the artesian, farmers and common labourers in order to teach the older citizens. The government should organise the classes through the mass media such as radio, television, newspapers, posters and even internet.
5. The government must try and build more schools both primary and high schools in the villages so that the opportunities will reach those who don't have schools in their villages and helmets. This will greatly help to eradicate illiteracy in many societies.
6. Parents must play the biggest role in order to eradicate illiteracy in a short time in the society. Parents should be physically and emotionally involved in the education of their children. They can do this by asking the children about their academic performance and also helping them in their assignments and homeworks.
7. Parents should visit the school occasionally in order to know the behavior of their children and also learn about the child's performance academically and socially. Parents most also listen and act on any advice from a teacher who suggest some things to do in order to develop the child's education. This will help to build a great "leader of tomorrow".
Finally, education is the best of all and the only way we can eradicate illiteracy in our society is by 'unity'. Therefore if the governments and the persons responsible could take all the mentioned points into consideration, illiteracy will be totally eradicated in the developing countries. Although many developing countries are in a deep economical problem the UN, UNICEF AND others are ready to help in such a situation once its made known.
More by this Author
Floods occur when excess water flows over land that is normally dry. The water does not flow through any definite channel but spread over land surface. The most common type of flood is when a river overflows its banks....
Today many Countries of the world are in politics but the differences between their politics is that during elections, some use the Secret Ballot System while others use Open Ballot system. The differences between them...