What should President Obama do with Iraq? Should he keep American soldiers there or remove them?
Switching the war to Afghanistan is not a bad idea
Obama should of course retrieve our militants from Iraq. This is a war that this country should never have gotten involved in. War is a business, and if a business is not making any profit why run it. I mean us the tax payers are the stakeholders, we're investing but we're not seeing any return on our investment, so who do we hold responsible ...our government.
If our governments are the brokers and they're not investing wisely, why keep them. I know some of you might not like this idea of war being thought of as a business, but I got a surprise for you, it’s precisely that. I know there are moral issues involve, it’s the most barbaric way of doing business, but it is what it is.
During war, lots of weapons are sold which creates a demand for the weapons manufactures. The companies who manufactured the militant’s uniforms get lots of business. The opportunity for promotion among militants rises because more of them are dieing. The advantage for incentive which usually means more money for the soldiers becomes plentiful because they're constantly being promoted to replace dieing soldiers. The morgue industry is booming because dead bodies brings in more business. And of course if they is a war, they must be fighting for something, and that something usually brings money, more power or territory, otherwise why fight.
· As long as power is not centralized and the world is divided into separate countries, war will always be inevitable. The division of power which exists between nations and mankind are like two pieces of magnetized irons that repel every time they try to unite, ones ego will always wants to fly higher than the other. Although centralizing power can help reduce conflict among nations, it's not clear what effect it would have had on the people.
· As of now I think we have too much on our plate. Knowing when not to attack is the best rule of engagement in military operations. It's easy to talk about going to war when you've never participated in one. As the president elect said "we focus our attention on Iraq when we haven't finished our jobs in Afghanistan." If we must fight a war than Afghanistan should be the one. Since the possibility for potential civilian casualty would be less in Afghanistan.
The geography of Afghanistan is different from Iraq in a sense that Afghanistan is a country of many mountains where as Iraq is more of a plateau. From that perspective, we can assume that mountains could be viewed as a barricade that could protect Afghans civilians under missile attacks which would have resulted in fewer casualties than Iraq. This is why if we must position our troops anywhere, it should be there. Beside, as president elect indicated, the Taliban & Al Qaeda are using Afghanistan as safe haven.
· If we were to take our boys from Iraq, it would not have been a bad idea. We could use that money we're using to fund the war to create new jobs. This is the time where I think we should take a chill pill, relax look into other venues because tomorrow is not promising, for every day we live is a day left behind. I know that President Barack Obama wants to hit the floor running, but at the same time he must be careful not to fall.
· Obama's intention to send troops to Afghanistan could be seen as a substitution for the war in Iraq. People will question is there really a need to send troop to Afghanistan. Although Mr. Obama may be the commander in chief doesn't imply that his commands will not be challenge. The team of maverick will challenge president elect Borack Obama. Mr. Obama sees this challenge as an advantage to his decision process. It provides him the possibility to see what he normally would not have noticed had he chose people who agrees with him 100% of the time.
· We the people must take in consideration that having a president that we approved of is still not enough for us to gain confidence. This is why we the people must intervene to put in our 2 cents by making our voices heard. As I said before, war is a business and so far we're not profiting. Although Mr. Obama may have good reasons for shifting the war to Afghanistan doesn't remove from the fact that some people will not make money from it.
It is only by keeping a war that certain transactions can be possible. War in a sense is an opportunity for some business to prosper. At times of war most media get lots of viewers which then create new opportunity for advertisements. At times of war new contracts are created and contract under our constitution is in fact an agreement that needs to be revisited. For further information please click on the link at the bottom of this page. Anyhow, this is simply another way of looking at war, because war is not always about whose wrong or right.
We the people are very often misdirected as to why our country goes to war. But when we take a deep look into war, we noticed other reasons that are more valid then the one we're given. So lets us keep our eyes open this time around because our involvement is more important than the president elect.
I do understand the rush to pass responsibility over to the president elect, but to shift blame at the same time when he hasn't even been president for not even a day shows how some people are so eager to see him fail. The economy is at its worst and Barrack Obama is not yet the president of the UnitedState. May be we should remind people of that.
Any president who inherits an economy such as this one we have here couldn't possibly fail to perform below the approval rate. Mr. Obama and his team will improve the state of the economy from where it is now, but for the economy to get to where former president Clinton left it ...is a dream worth dreaming about.
Our money doesn't worth the same anymore America, inflation has inflate it so much that now the bubble is at the edge of busting, we have been devalued. Like the comedian George Carlin once said, "The American dream is truly a dream because you must be at sleep to believe it".
Obama speech on foreign policy
Contract Law and the U.S. Constitution
- Contract Law and the U.S. Constitution « Florida Student Philosophy Blog
WRITTEN BY LOUIS ROSE
More by this Author
The idea of illegal immigrants having the right to obtain a drivers license is an oxymoron. Logically speaking someone who is illegal should not possess a driver's license. That is the reason why this person is illegal;...
National security in its broader sense includes both, internal and external security. External security involves states implementations of legal codes as a mean to prevent attacks against US borders, infrastructures,...
Dreams are mental processes, symbol representation of thoughts conveyed by our subconscious minds. We all dream, but we don’t all remember our dreams, and those of us who do, remember them because it’s a...