jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Auschwitz Sign Found: A Grim Reminder That Our World is not Well :(

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

After occupying Poland in 1939, the Nazis established the Auschwitz I camp, which initially housed German political prisoners and Polish prisoners. The sign was made in 1940 and placed above the main gate there.

Two years later, hundreds of thousands of Jews began arriving by cattle trains to the wooden barracks of nearby Birkenau, also called Auschwitz II, where they were systematically killed in gas chambers.

The sign disappeared under cover of darkness in the bitter cold early Friday.

Less than three days later, on Sunday, police arrested five Polish men they described as common criminals who were likely seeking profit from the sign found in a snow-covered forest 200 miles from where it was stolen.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- … ree_Pieces

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thank you for the news...I had heard it but not followed up..

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Strange...But let's face it it's pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things eh?

wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

r u serious?

3. Haunty profile image83
      Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes the theft is unfortunate, but still it's pretty ridiculous for Israel to consider it an ultimatum from Poland. IMO

wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

UNFORTUNATE???
        AS I SAID IN THE TITLE OF THIS POST. .
        A GRIM REMINDER THAT OUR WORLD IS NOT WELL.

what is unfortunate is that there are views such as yours being passed down to our children.

1. Haunty profile image83
          Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm just saying that the Polish as a people have nothing to do with it. And trust me, if my views were passed down to our children, the world would soon become a very different place. wink

working