Obama releases 2011 tax return;his campaign releases years of old ones

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Obama releases 2011 tax return; his campaign releases years of old ones to pressure Romney
    Article by: KEN THOMAS , Associated Press

Obama's campaign re-released tax documents dating back to 2000 with the aim of forcing Romney to release a similar trove. A Romney spokeswoman shot back that Obama was saddled with a terrible record on job creation and was trying to distract Americans "with a series of sideshows."
    http://www.startribune.com/politics/nat … 13955.html
    he(Romney) knew he was running for office and had to release this information long ago.What's he hiding?

2. 0
    idratherbeposted 4 years ago

The ultimate republican ploy, don't answer the question, but flip back at the questioner another topic. That way they avoid answering the questions they choose not to, and the information required by the original question. Keeps their followeres in the dark.

3. 0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

It has become a practice over the last decade of trying to put logic to campaign promises. I have been voting for almost 40 years. I covered elections (local) as a newspaper reporter. I never put any stock in campaign promises.

We elected a governor who was going to board up the top two floors of the Department of Education Building--he didn't.

We elected a governor a long time ago (Huey Long) who promised a chicken in every pot. It did not happened.

Unless someone talks about using nuclear weapons, or something really off the wall, campaign promises, party platforms and the like mean nothing.

If a candidate says that the priorities for the country or a stable economy, better but less invasive national security, improved infrastructure and energy independence, without making specific promises as to what he is going to do has a better chance of getting my vote.

This is because what he actually does is going to depend a lot on global conditions, which he or she cannot predict, the makeup of the Congress, and the issues that catch up by surprise.

A candidate who tells me how he is going to run his office, how he will delicate responsibilities, how he will hold his appointees to the highest ethical standards possible and is not keeping secret any dirty linen (if he made a mistake in the past and admits to it that is one thing--shows some maturity. If he tries to keep his DWI arrest when he was 18 secret, then that is showing immaturity.

Tax returns, empty promises have little impact on how I vote. I am sure the tax returns show no wrong doing and I know the promises will not be kept, because the system is not designed for Presidents to have the cart blanch ability to keep those promises--they is why we have three sections of our government.