jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Healthcare bill and capital gain

1. profile image0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Do the Republicans object to the healthcare part of the bill, or the little if never discussed increase in capital gains on $250,000.00 or more (wealthy)? I'd bet that's the reason they want to kill the healthcare bill. Has nothing to do with healthcare! Follow the money!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I bet you are right. They have been convincing people to vote against their own self interest all along.

1. profile image0
        screamingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly and what better fear tactic then using the phrase if you don't comply the IRS will be after you. People need to do their homework and research this bill. They will find that middle class taxes won't be going up.

1. JSChams profile image59
          JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this
        2. JSChams profile image59

And more about the biggest tax hike ever:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeli … r-earners/

3. JSChams profile image59
        4. JSChams profile image59
  2. profile image0

You don't show a single tax on people under $250,000.00. All that are levied are against those over that threshold and employers.

There's more than one link mate.

3. profile image0

I read the links. All refer to over the next 10 years for the most part. And short of tanning beds, I see nothing affecting those making under $250.000.00 a year.

You don't see what you don't want to see. Liberals never do.

4. profile image0

1. Only taxed if they decide not to opt in or maintain existing. (No new tax)
    2. With all insured not necessary. (not a tax, was a rich benefit)
    3. Yearly cap and use. (not a tax, benefit of rich)
    4. Already in place, (not a tax, benefit of rich)
    5. Tanning tax (No different then tax on clothes, small affect if any, sunbath)
    6. Middle class for can't afford cadillac insurance (not a tax, was arich bene)

I still see no impact to any middle class. Forbes trying spin what they wrote.

Yep. You don't see what you don't want to.

2. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I make under $250,000. I don't carry insurance on myself right now. I will be taxed. That's a new tax, because it's new.

Not true. Insurance doesn't apply to OTC stuff. You used to be able to get OTC stuff tax-free. Taking away the deduction raises taxes.

It's a tax increase. If someone wanted to put more than 2500 into an HSA(for the tax benefit) they can't anymore. If you make good money and want to save for future health-care expenses, you can't do so pre-tax anymore. Again, taking away tax deductions is the same thing as raising taxes.
      Not already in place, it's a decrease in the tax benefit you can get. Decreasing tax benefits is the same as raising taxes. Saying 'already in place' would be like saying that raising taxes to 70% wouldn't be raising taxes, because we already pay taxes. It makes no sense.

5. Increasing taxes on HSA withdrawals is... wait for it... a tax increase.

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

Hey, maybe you'll get sick and see how the rest of America enjoys the emergency room!

working