. . .Just What is She Thinking?
Do you remember that in the 70’s, when women started taking a look at themselves and then standing for themselves on the job, in the home, and anywhere else they wanted to go.
“Sex objects, no more!” was the new motto that they cried to all who would hear them and the thing was, it was us men that they aimed this sharp motto at not to hurt us, but to teach us.
Teach us, most of you men say? Yes, teach us. I know what you guys fear. You fear that your wife or girlfriend just might possess an I.Q. that can make the brightest male college professor ashamed of himself. But please, guys. I want to share the one thing that I have learned over the years. And if you will lay-down your male ego macho-mania, you will agree with me.
I AM COMPLETELY-SERIOUS
To me, there is nothing hotter, sexier, or more-attractive than a woman who shares her wisdom and opinions. I love to listen to an intelligent woman talk. Wake up, men. Intelligence is hot. Intelligence in a woman does NOT mean she is out to put you in her shadow. All she really wants is for you to consider her as your equal and respect her. These things are NOT as hard to do as you think once you get the male pride out of the way.
I said all of that to say this: “Have you ever sat down somewhere, say in a shopping mall, and when a lovely woman walks by or sits on an opposite bench, you just focus for few minutes on what she is thinking? You might be surprised to know what this fashion-plate lady has on her mind.
So I am entitling this piece . . .
Just What is She Thinking?
(Here is a brief collection of things that intelligent, lovely woman might be thinking about)
- “Did I give my new client the best deal on cars that I possibly could?”
- “I think that the next time that “Dewey Stanson,” starts with his sexual-based talk, I will take him and the company to court.”
- “Naah, I do not need a lawyer. I can handle this case all by myself.”
- “Why does that guy on the bench in front of me keep staring at me?”
- “Oh, no. Here comes a filthy-mouth jock. Wait a minute! What is that man on the bench doing? Awww, how nice—telling the foul-mouthed jerk that he cannot tolerate cursing.”
- “Am I unattractive or what? That guy on the bench has not looked at me with appreciation since I sat down here.”
- “Now to read the stock reports for today. Ahhh, some peaceful stories instead of that nauseating Hollywood garbage. I couldn't care less if Charlie Sheen is working to straighten-up.”
- “Wish that lady standing at the window of Sears would stop checking her make-up. Did I do that when I was 18?”
- “Uh, oh! Here she comes. Now I bet that guy on the bench who scolded the “sewer mouth” will really get an eyeful of this girl wearing three layers of eye make-up.”
- “Whattttt? He just looked away when she pranced by him. I wonder what problem he has with females?”
- “Goodie. AT&T is up two points; General Motors is down three points. Yes! Microsoft is up four points. That means “I” go to Aspen for vacation this winter.”
- “Who put that poster in that dress shop window saying, “Remember to Give to The Hunger Fund for Third World Countries? I wonder how I would fare if I did some volunteer work in these countries?”
- “Seriously? The man still hasn’t noticed that I am wearing my best outfit today. Is he in a trance?”
- “What a foolish thought, going over to say hello to him. Whatttt? I am not a slut! He is, uh, kinda good-looking, and . . .whattt? I should not be thinking this stuff. I have worked hard to get where I am, vice-president of one of the biggest stock investment firms in the city. Listen to me sounding like a television commercial!”
- “Dinner with him, JUST dinner might be fun. What is the matter with me? I am not desperate for male company.”
- “Ahhh, what’s the harm? Why am I nervous, I met hundreds of men everyday. I am not a school girl. I am an empowered, independent woman. Okay. I am going . . .I am going . . .”
- “What is he thinking, is he . . .standing up? For me? Can you say ‘old-fashioned?”
- “Think I’ll sit down and get to know him.”
What do you think now, guys?
More by this Author
You read my headline right. Tractors. In our "Free-for-all," tolerant society, driving a farm tractor on a date is . . .hey, I am not giving it away.
Females are one of God's finest works. They are fun, charming, great to look at, but that eye rolling is just a bit much.
Yes, "we" talk funny in the South. Need proof? Just read this hub.