My Ideal Partner
At the risk of sounding like Crazy Cat-Lady, I have to confess that my cat is almost precisely what I look for in a man ... I know, I know - I can hear my mother weeping in the background. I’ve already been lectured by my brother about holding onto unrealistic expectations of men. I just know what I want in a man:
The Special Qualities I Admire
- When he wants my attention, he will meow politely or tap me on the butt;
- He takes a sincere interest in what I do;
- When he sees that I need a break, he draws my attention away from work so we can play or snuggle;
- Doesn't play too rough;
- He is not embarrassed to ask for affection and will climb into my arms when he needs to be held;
- When he wants to play, he brings me a toy;
- He cleans up after himself, whether it's covering up in the litter box or putting his toys away when he's done playing;
- He keeps me company in the bath or shower;
- Even though he likes to be active, he also enjoys snuggling up with me to enjoy a good book or movie;
- He never holds a grudge, never questions my love, and loves me unconditionally;
A Book I Found Very Useful
- He is social and friendly;
- He bravely confronts things that scare him;
- He is conscious of his appearance and takes the time to make sure he is well groomed;
- Instead of going out and "tom-catting" around all night, he comes to bed a reasonable time;
- He is genuinely happy to see me when I come home;
- He is faithful;
- He listens without interruption (most of the time);
- He doesn't mind dancing around the living room He comforts me when I cry;
- He isn't embarrassed to make a fool of himself to make me laugh.
Is that too much to ask of a partner? Is my brother right? Are there any men who can meet the same standards I hold my cat to? According to the success I’ve had on all the dating sites I tried, I may be doomed to live a lonely life as my cat has been the only well-adjusted male within reasonable driving distance to my home.
I haven’t given up hope, but my mother is becoming desperate. Please, ignore any frantic emails you may receive from her during her next bout of Husband Hunting for me … unless you actually fit the above criteria …
Update: Since I first wrote this, I’ve actually found a wonderful man who fits the above criteria and more. Whoever said that it doesn’t pay to hang onto high standards when it comes to men just gave up too soon!
© 2012 Rosa Marchisella
More by this Author
Cocoa butter is highly recommended for the care and healing of skin. This article explains how to use cocoa butter for skin care and gives information about benefits, storage, cost, and the author's product testing.
Why do women flirt with you, but never make the "first move"? What do you have to do to get a lady to walk over and talk to you? Here are 5 tips to help get beyond flirting.
A new parent's nightmare includes slogging through all the baby products on the market to find out what works best for the most reasonable price. Diapers are high on the list, so let's compare the two big name diaper...