20 Wisdom-Pearls From The Master
Throughout history, our thoughts have been influenced by men and women of God. We may not know this consciously, we may not even have liked them. Still, their thoughts travel in the ether and are handed down by our fore-fathers, sometimes even unconsciously. These thoughts help us and others like us, every day in our life of duty and daily chores. The maxims ‘never give up!’ and ‘nothing is impossible,’ are good examples. Here are a few more from the lips of a God-man of the 21st century;
1. “He is lucky. He did not get what he deserved. He is lucky; he did not say what he intended. He is lucky, he did not find anything wrong with the world. He is lucky, he does not know when death will knock at his door.”
2. “The desire of love-power raised him high, very high. The desire of indifference-power dragged him down beyond his imagination. The desire of thought-power killed his inner silence. The desire of money-power fooled him, his life, his all.”
3. “When I think once I saw what I intended to say. When I think twice, I hesitate to open my mouth. When I think thrice, I never fail to keep my proud mouth shut.”
4. “Every day God tells me the real miracle is not walking on water, but loving the heart of each and every human being.”
5. “Man forgets that his vital is swayed by desires. Man forgets that his mind constantly wanders. Man forgets that his days on earth are short. Man forgets that his real needs are very few. Man forgets that he has only God to call his own, very own.”
6. “Hell is a thing like doubt. Hell is a thing like jealousy. Hell is an animal like a panther. Hell is an animal like a tiger. Hell is a man like the poorest beggar. Hell is a man like the fiercest brute. Hell is a road paved with good intentions. Hell is a road that compels us to think of perfection.”
7.”With your aspiration and inspiration, you lift me up. With my aspiration and inspiration, I lift you up. Together we lift up the consciousness of humanity.”
8. “Alas, countless times you are bringing thorns to the Supreme by criticising mercilessly those who are trying to give Him roses.”
9. “Age is in the mind, age is not in the heart.”
10. “Receptivity increases only in one way: by increasing our gratitude to God.”
11. “Please forgive me for the things that I have done wrong and even for the things that I am going to do wrong tomorrow.”
12. “Maintain your hunger and thirst. Otherwise, you will go back to the ordinary life and your mind will again become totally unspiritual. When you take part in a tug-o-war, so many times you go back five inches and then go five feet forwards. Such a struggle goes on --forwards and backwards. Like that, you have to continue to struggle in order to make progress in the spiritual life.”
13. “Spiritual people are supposed to be warriors. When we face obstacles, we have to conquer them.”
14. “The face of truth is found only in longing, in the longing for truth. Not only the face of truth, but the very heart of truth is to be found only in the longing itself.”
15. “One can never jump the hurdles of life without aspiration from within and Grace from Above.”
16. “He who has the inner illumination knows that his existence on earth is the embodiment of God, and his actions are the expressions of God. He feels that he is never the doer; he is a mere instrument.”
17. “Do not think of the past. Do not think of the future. Think only of the present.”
18. “Forgiveness and happiness are twins.”
19. “Let God be responsible for our bad actions and good actions and for others good and bad actions.”
20. “You know that a doubting mind is hell-depth. But you do not know that a loving heart is Heaven-height. You must learn this as well.”-
21. "Happiness is love bubbling forth into the newness and fullness of life."
22. "Where ever you go, carry happiness with you." Copyright Sri Chinmoy
More by this Author
This HUB explores ways in which we can honour God - the Ultimate Reality - with meaning and purpose. It looks at imitating and living or manifesting the life of Truth and Beauty.
This Hub aims to create an awareness of inner peace through utilising concentration and meditation techniques.
A look at Poetry and its significance, through not only my Soul but the Heart and Soul of others.