Few temples of Lord Brahma .. why so ?
Despite Lord Brahma being one of the Trimurthi - the three major Gods of Hindu religion ( Other two being Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva ) , contrary to the hundreds and thousands of temples dedicated to the other Gods , Lord Brahma hardly has temples countable on fingers .
According to the hindu mythology , the reason for this is assumed to be because of a curse that prevents any hindu follower from worshiping lord Brahma . The story goes this way ....
- In the ancient period all the saints assembled together to conduct a great fire sacrifice .
- There came the famous saint Narada . He asked the other saints to whom would the sacrificial result be bestowed ?
- Then started the argument on who among the Trimurthi was the greatest ?
- At last , Saint Bhrughu was directed to find out who among the three is the greatest .
- The great saint Bhrughu first went to Lord Brahma .
- Brahma was Chit-chatting with his wife Goddess Saraswathy . He did not pay proper attention to Bhrughu .
- The angry Bhrugu said that though Brahma had four faces and eight eyes , he could not receive his guest with due respect .
- So Brahma did not deserve the sacrificial result . Enraged Bhrughu cursed Brahma that he would never get offerings in the temples .
The story continues with Bhrughu visiting Lord Shiva and lord Vishnu . I will not mention it here ,since its not much relevant to this article .
However, if you are eager to know the complete story , here it is : The story of Tirupati Balaji.
More by this Author
This story of balaji / srinivasa is well presented in simple language and with attractive pictures.
This is a picture clear narration of the story behind the festival of holi using simple English and images for better understanding.
Here is a very simple explanation of the Hanuman Chalisa with pictures to help you understand it better.It also features a video created by one of the followers of this article based on the pictures used to explain the...