Different Aspects of Jesus
Jesus is the Creator
In the beginning God declared He created the heaven and the earth (Genesis 1:1). Other verses in the Bible show that Jesus was also the creator. God had emphatically announced that there was no other God besides Him. It can be deduced that Jesus was God in the flesh by turning to John 1:1,14 where it is stated that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
1 Corinthians 8:6
- But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
- And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.
- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.
- God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom he also made the world.
Oneness of Jesus and God
There is only one God and Jesus is His manifestation to carry on God's will on earth. Jesus' words clearly express the thoughts of John on the Oneness of both God and Jesus. Jesus claimed that He and God are one and clearly stated that those who saw Him had seen the Father.
- I and my Father are one.
- And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
- But if I do, though ye believe not me, but believe that the Father is in me, and I in him.
- Believe thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
1 John 5:7, 8
- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and three are one. ... and these three agree in one.
The Holy Spirit of God is the same Holy Spirit of Jesus
The First and The Last
God revealed in Isaiah 44:6 that He was the first and the last.
- Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel,and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
- Jesus also said, Fear not; I am the first and the last.
- Jesus: These things saith the first and the last, which was dead and is alive.
- Jesus: I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Name of Jesus as God with us
The Holy Spirit told Mary she should call the child Emmanuel, which interpreted was, God with us (Matthew 1:18, 21, 23). Jesus was named Emmanuel.
Isaiah 7:14 prophesied that the child to be born to a virgin should be called Emmanuel.
- Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (which means God with us).
- And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Titus 2:13 records that Jesus was the great God.
- Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 9:6 prophesied Jesus as the Mighty God.
- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
The Spirit of God and Jesus are the Same
In the book of Genesis, the Holy Spirit was the power that God used to do His will. (Ps 136:13-14). Jesus caused the wind to cease when Peter tried to walk on water like Jesus. He had power over Nature (Mat 14:25-33).
The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus are synonymous or having the same Spirit. God used the Holy Spirit to accomplish His great feats of creation, gives power to people to rule, instruct and warn. Jesus used to heal a lot of sick people and has the power over life and death.
Jesus has the attributes and power of God on earth for He is God's manifestation sent to save people. He is God's Son and after His second return to earth and judging the world, He would return to the bosom of God.
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name, Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Different Aspects of Jesus?
Do you believe Jesus is wholly God?See results without voting
© 2012 einron
More by this Author
This is completely different from Trinity. In God and His Manifestation, God and The Holy Spirit are not called "persons" but named "spirits". The Holy Spirit is God's powerful work force....
Testing of Job more severe than man. His three friends did not understand his suffering. God opened his eyss and he understood. Job repented and was blessed.
Purdue researchers found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed six human-cell lines. Especially effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer cells. Read why big pharmaceutical companies do not manufacture...
No comments yet.