My Top College Football Games of Week 4 (2011)
Impact Defensive Players
21 of Most Intriguing Games For Week 4
1) Arkansas (3-0) at Alabama (3-0) - The season starts Saturday for these two teams as they have breeze threw there first three games of the season. Last year in Fayetteville the Tide came back from a 20-7 deficit in the third quarter to beat Arkansas 24-20. The Razorbacks last trip to Tuscaloosa wasn't a good one as they were waxed 35-7 in 2009. This should be a battle of SEC West heavyweights on Saturday as this will be both squads first true test of the season.
2) LSU (3-0) at West Virginia (3-0) - The Tigers step out of conference to face a dangerous West Virgina team in Morgantown. This will LSU's third ranked opponent they will be facing in the first four weeks. West Virginia lost in Baton Rouge last year 20-14 but the Mountaineers have beat an SEC foe recently beating Auburn 34-17 in 2008 in Morgantown and also they beat Georgia in the 2006 Sugar Bowl 38-35.
3) Oklahoma State (3-0) at Texas A&M (2-0) - Last season Oklahoma State beat Texas A&M on a last second field goal 38-35. This will be a huge game for both teams as the winner will be expected to challenge top ranked Oklahoma for the Big 12 title. The loser will not be out of the race but they will have some work to do and some help as well.
4) Florida State (2-1) at Clemson (3-0) - The Noles will have to get over the lost to Oklahoma a week ago and get ready for conference play as they travel to Death Valley. Clemson is coming off ending Auburn's 17 game winning streak when they beat them a week ago by the 14.
5) Missouri (2-1) at Oklahoma (2-0) - The Sooners come home after winning a tough road game against Florida State in Tallahassee a week ago. Now they open up big 12 play against Missouri who the Sooners lost to last year in Columbia for the first time in the last 21 meetings betweens the two teams. The Tigers haven't won in Norman since 1966.
6) North Carolina (3-0) at Georgia Tech (3-0) - The Yellow Jackets have simply ran wild there first three games rushing for 427.7 yards a game and averaging 59.3 poinst a game. But now they open up conference play at home against North Carolina. The Tarheels have one conference game under there belt already beating Virginia in Chapel Hill last Saturday. North Carolina hasn't beaten Gerogia Tech in Atlanta since 1997.
7) USC (3-0) at Arizona State (2-1) - This will be USC 's first road game after playing there first three games at home with one being a conference win over Utah in week 2. The Sun Devils dropped one last week to Illinois in Champaign 17-14 after becoming ranked when they beat Missouri in overtime in week 2. This is a big game for Arizona State since USC can't go to the Pac 12 championship due to probation the Sun Devils have a chance to emerge out of the Pac 12 South division.
8) Notre Dame (1-2) at Pittsburgh (2-1) - The Fighting Irish picked up a much needed victory over Michigan State last week after dropping there first two games of the season. Now they will go on the road to face a Pittsburgh team that squandered a 17 point third quarter lead to Iowa last week to lose 31-27. This is still a must win for Notre Dame they still can make it to a bcs bowl but they can't lose Saturday or there chances are pretty much over.
9) Kansas State (2-0) at Miami, Fl (1-1) - The Canes got a lift last week on offense when senior quarterback Jacory Harris return to the starting lineup after being suspended for the season opener against Maryland and Sean Spence was back on defense as the Canes put away Ohio State in Miami last week 24-6. Now they welcome Kansas State who struggle with fcs Eastern Kentucky in there season opener winning 10-7 but handle Kent State last week shutting them out 37-0. This will be Kansas State first real test of the early part of there season.
10) Vanderbilt (3-0) at South Carolina (3-0) - Vanderbilt is 3-0 for the first time in like 70 years. The Commodores are coming off a 30-7 victory over Ole Miss last week in Nashville. Now they have to travel to Columbia to face the defending SEC East champs. South Carolina already has one SEC East win when they defeated Georgia in week 2. The last time South Carolina faced Vandy in Colubmia the Commordores gave them all they can handle as South Caroling won 14-10 in 2009.
11) Georgia (1-2) at Ole Miss (1-2) - Both teams have gotten off to a disappointing start, Georgia finally got in the win column by beating fcs Coastal Carolina last week after dropping there first two games while Ole Miss loss to BYU in Oxford for there season opener and a embarrassing lost to Vanderbilt last week in Nashville. Both coaches are very much on the hot seat and the winner of this game my can salvage the season the loser will fill the heat from the fans.
12) Florida (3-0) at Kentucky (2-1) - This will be Florida's first road game of the season and although they play Kentucky, the gators are a young team. Also Kentucky hasn't beat Florida since 1986 and the gators can't get caught looking ahead as they will face Alabama next week in "The Swamp".
Here the rest of the top games of week 4.
13) San Diego State (2-1) at Michigan (3-0)
14) Tulsa (1-2) at Boise State (2-0)
15) California (3-0) at Washington (2-1)
16) Colorado (1-2) at Ohio State (2-1)
17) (Thurs.) NC State (2-1) at Cincinnati (2-1)
18) Southern Miss (2-1) at Virginia (2-1)
19) (Fri.) Central Florida (2-1) at BYU (1-2)
20) Ohio (3-0) at Rutgers (1-1)
21) Nebraska (3-0) at Wyoming (3-0)
More by this Author
We already think that these teams should compete for championships: Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State and LSU. But who will be taking that next step to contend.
No comments yet.