Gifts for the Outdoor Person, Adventurer, or Geologist
For The Ones Who Will Not Come In Out Of The Rain
Each family and community have different members who as individuals have varied interests that's what makes people so wonderful, their diversity.
- There is the well-loved Golfer, and there are millions of ideas on what to get your favorite golfer.
- Many of us have loved ones who Run, they are at every 5K, they have won 3rd place in some big races. Again, the runner is easy to buy for. Both of these outdoors types are quite civilized. They may venture the roads, streets, bridges, greens and sand traps a few hours a week, but they come home the same day.
The true outdoor lover never wants to come in out of the rain. He or she loves the great open sky, and it is almost impossible to get them to come out of the woods for holidays, weekends or the refinements of bubble baths, washers, and deodorant. They are often scientific types, like my favorite BC Cartoon character, Clumsy Carp who can stay after their scientific passions for days, and weeks at a time. Rarely coming up for air, or to eat properly.
By reaching out to your Nature loving geologist, ichthyologist, bio-technical engineer, and shipping them a gift, perfect for them; to their outdoor cathedrals. Ship a gift-wrapped (eco-friendly), gift to your loved one wherever in the world he or she may be. Buy for them what they will not or cannot buy for themselves. You will be a hero in this adventure as well.
There will come a time that your loving gift became the part of an adventure story that will be told for many years to come , because your gift was of a quality they may not could afford. This kind gesture, could give them the tools they need to discover a fountain of youth. It could be the perfect gift, it may save their life.
These kind of gifts are meaningful to your fresh air freak and outdoor, person.
Outdoor Lovers PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Avid Hunter
There is another outdoor person we may not see all of hunting season. Oh, he may come in to shower and poop about once per week , but they are out there in the woods, "tracking their prey". The only things these mighty hunters are after, usually come in aluminum cans, and contain liquid nourishment. Those who are against hunting will not have to worry about these mighty outdoorsmen. The only prey that enters their bellies, are hot dogs, and beenie weenies. They just like to go out to the woods. They just want to beat the wilderness drum without women folk around.
Well, you don't want Daddy out there freezing the family jewels off, so some of this stuff may be suitable for him too. Perfect outdoor gifts for Christmas, Birthday and Father's Day, will help Dad bring home the bacon (if he can remember).
Those Who Cannot Come in Out of the Rain
Having been in construction for several years, working outside summer, winter and everything in between, many outdoors type people will stay out in the worst weather.
A Great Site to Find More Stuff for your Outside Person
- Brunton, camping stoves, lanterns, solar power, headlamps, binoculars, scopes, compasses
Brunton company has been making the Brunton Compasses for many generations.
Source - Google ImagesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Don't Forget the Fisherman
We cannot forget one of my favorite outdoors man, the fisherman. They are so kind to fill the skillet with very healthy food, high in Omega oils. It can be dangerous out there in them swamps, or in the lake down the road, with good equipment, and communication, your fisherman can be safe and have fun doing what he loves.
- Zebco ® Spongebob floating fishing rod and reel
- Intex ® 5 boat set
- Zebco ® Diego floating fishing rod and reel combo
- Boat Buyer's Guide
- South Bend ® worm gear fishing rod and spinning reel combo
- Zebco ® HAWG seeker 702 mh with Bite alert rod and reel combo
- Rapala ® Pro Bass Fishing 2010
- small boat fishing
Delight the Outdoor Cook
- Lodge® 5 Qt oven with loop handles
- Lodge® Camp 12 inch dutch oven tote bag
- Lodge® Color enamel cast iron 6 Qt Dutch oven
- Lodge® Pre-seasoned 8 inch cast iron meat rack
- Lodge® Logic 8 Qt camp dutch oven
- Lodge® Camp Dutch oven lid lifter
- Calphalon® Unison sear nonstick 5 qt Dutch oven set
- Lodge® red leather gloves
- Lodge® Logic 5 qt double Dutch oven, and casserole w skillet cover ♦♦ love mine
- Camp Chef® 50" heavy duty tripod, with chain
Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson - An Outdoors Kinda Girl
When the Old Man Gets Older...
For years Pops walked the property, out by himself all morning.
Since he is getting on in years, it will be much safer for him to take a 4-wheeler, or go-cart to the woods. Consider getting pops a cart or 4-wheeler. Two-way radios are also a good idea.
If he goes way out, there are new personal satellites, like on-star that can be carried.
Membership For Outdoor Adventurers
- Road Scholar: Educational Travel and Learning Vacations for Adults from Alaska to Italy
Elderhostle: Adventures in Lifelong Learning/Road Scholar.org
- Good Sam Club
Visit the Good Sam Club to learn why we are the worlds largest RV Club. We offer information on RV parks and RV camping, plus campground discounts, RV travel resources and an active online RV community.
- America the Beautiful - National Parks and FederalRecreational Lands Pass
Welcome to America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass, produced by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), partnering with the National Park Service (NPS), the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Bureau of Reclamations
Warm Head, Warm Feet, Warm Heart
- Good footwear is something you have to wait awhile to afford, socks and liners for hiking tough terrain can keep the feet healthy.
- 6 in 1 Outdoors survival mini kit, whistle, compass, magnifier, LED flashlight and more
- Total wilderness survival kit
- FRYE Women's Archie hiker ankle boot
- Burts bees natural remedy outdoor survival
- Thorlo thick cushion soncs
- Deluxe survival kit
A Heat Source Can Be A Life Saver
Many outdoor enthusiasts put lots of time and money into their outdoor hobbies.
They do still have to live, pay bills, student loans and all that, so this year at gift giving times, give safety gear.
Being able to keep a fire going is the reason many survive harsh experiences in the wild. They had good gear, and a lighter that will continue to work on the face of a shear mountain.
Safety First - Aid
- Total resources ® 250 piece outdoor first aid kit
- Deluxe survival kit
- Brunton ® new firestorm storm proof lighter
- Brunton ® Helios nickel and black storm proof lighter
- First aid outdoors first ® 205 piece kit
- Brunton ® raptor foldable canister stove with Piezo ignition
The Nature Lover Blends In Unless There is Trouble
First aid kits, storm proof lighters, collapsible and packable stoves, emergency thermal blankets. All light and thin.
Off Trail With A Backup Plan
- Brunton ® 25 watt foldable solar array, recharge batteries.
- Brunton ® solar controller, battery charge monitor
- Duracell ® DPp-600HD Powerpack 600 jump starter and emergency power source
- How to books
- Brunton ® impel, 145wh recharchable battery
- Collapsible cot
- Bib Overalls, waterproof
All or any of these items can make outdoor survival that much easier.
She Dreams of Taking That River Trip
Make sure little sister, your wife, girlfriend or daughter has the best water craft for river, creek, lake and ocean adventures. You won't always be there to keep her safe, but starting with a sound vessel, and equipment is the safest and most successful way to take long water trips.
Have her think about getting hunting license too...
you know you'll want to borrow it, so make it something you'll love too.
- Intex seahawk ® 2 boat set
- Intex ® kayak paddle boat oars
- Intex ® 4 person boat set
- Malone ® 18 ft canoe and kayak cam buckle
- Sevylor Tahiti ® fishing, hunting, inflatable kayak
- Malone ® 15 ft canoe straps
- Kwik Tek ® complete grapnel anchor system
- Advanced Elements ® canoe and kayak anchor system
- Sevylor ® inflatable 4 person inflatable boat
- Classic ® canoe, kayak boat cover
There Nothing Like The Smell of Cooking Over an Open Fire
- Garmin GPS
- Guide Gear® Double Wigwam Tent
- Sirius Xm Xpmp3h1xmp3 portable satellite radio & mp3 player
- Coleman 12 cup stainless steel coffee percolator
- Allen co bow fishing reel with arrow and line
- Eureka solo backcountry tent
- Aquamira frontier emergency water filter system
- Wilderness survival handbook
© 2010 Lori J Latimer
More by this Author
Quality seeks quality, for those who find value in reading, books, and the whole bibliophile thing, nerdy types get hints for finding a partner
It is not life, obstacles, ownership, or relationships that drive us crazy, it is our thinking about these things that do. Here's a hundred give or take
Testament is a sculpture of The Little Rock 9 (Nine), it lies east of the front of the Arkansas State Capitol. John Deering is the sculptor.