Which Binoculars Took Top Awards For 2013
Binocular Of The Year
Binocular manufacturers unveil their new models every few years get recognized for being excellent products with advances that are truly noteworthy. Most often, you will see new models appear that are upgrades and slightly varied versions of existing ones, but occasionally manufacturers introduce entirely new models or series.
To determine the winners, experts thoroughly inspected each binocular and graded them according to specific criteria. They were tested in the field for performance and quality. Each category had it's own set of standards being judged. There are a surprising number of binocular variations, and this set of awards touches on just a few of those available.
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10 x 42
Bushnell Takes Top Honors
For the third year in a row, the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10x42 Binocular wins Binocular of the Year!
Only introduced a few years ago, this Bushnell has proven to outshine all the competition.
Take a look at some of the features of the Bushnell Legend:
- High quality ED glass coated with Ultra-Wide custom band coating
- Provides high definition lines and defined colors
- RainGuard HD water-repellant coating
- Comfortable lightweight rubberized body and soft touch grips
- Comes with a premium case, neck strap, microfiber lens cloth and deluxe binocular harness
- Ultra wide field of view; locking diopter
- 100% waterproof/fog-proof casing
- 10x magnification, 42 mm
- Limited lifetime warranty, 100% satisfaction guarantee
Nikon Wins Best For Birdwatching
With amazingly fast focus and easy turn and click eyecups, the Nikon has several reasons why they placed first for best binoculars for birdwatching.
The features include:
- Incredibly lightweight
- Waterproof, fog proof rubber-armored body
- Nikon Eco-Glass lenses
- Prism elements with dielectric high-reflective, multi-layer coating
- Turn and slide rubber eyecups with a Smooth Central Focus Knob and Flip Down Caps
- The glass in these binoculars provide a sharper, clearer field of view for birdwatching.
Leupold McKinley 10x42mm Binoculars
Leupold Wins For Best Hunting Binocular
The 10x42 Leupold BX-4 McKinley HD 10x42 is an new model this year and has good reason to win the best hunting binocular.
This is a lightweight model that has a full flat field of view, which gives sharp lines and vivid colors.
Let's take a look at the features:
- Advanced HD Lens System
- Central Focus Dial that is fast!
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Twist up eyecups
- Light weight
- Extended Twilight lens coating
It is important to a hunter to have as much light as possible entering the lens, to have the best lenses possible for early dawn and twilight lighting. Hunters tend to carry a lot of gear, so the lightweight, ergonomic design is a welcome feature.
A quality hunting binocular that you will enjoy for years!
The Steiner Safari Ultrasharp
Steiner Safari For the Best Compact Binocular
The Steiner Safari Ultrasharp 8x22 Binocular is small enough to fit into a jacket pocket, but is still powerful enough to give crisp 8x magnification.
They are . . .
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Extremely fast, sharp focus as close as 10 feet.
- Field of view at 1.000 yards: 411 feet
- Rugged, easy gripping body style
- Ergonomic eyecups that fold down for use with glasses
- Lightweight - 8.0 oz.
- Includes padded travel case and neck strap
The Zeiss Victory!
Best of the Best with the Zeiss Victory!
Quite an impressive title and well earned. The Carl Zeiss 10x42 Victory HT Binocular has specifications that are unparalleled!
The judges say "they are better and brighter than literally anything else we've looked at through the year, in a uniquely elegant ergonomic body."
You've got to take a look at these features"
- Schott HT High-Transmission glass + enhanced T coating for 95% light transmission
- German made
- Comfort focus concept and ergonomic easy grip barrels
- FL lens system for superb color fidelity
- 5 year no-fault policy and Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Carl Zeiss T* multi-layer coating
- Abbe-Konig prism system
A well deserving win for the Zeiss Victory Binocular!
The Zeiss Victory
What sport/hobby do you use your favorite binoculars for?See results without voting
Do You Know How Many Different Types of Binoculars There Are
Binoculars for more uses than you can imagine
Then you have:
More Great Information on BInoculars
Getting Started in Amateur Astronomy With BInoculars
... more light and the view of the night sky viewed thought a binocular is totally different to the view with the naked ... way is a totally unique and relaxing experience. Related Binocular Astronomy Links 5 Must See Night Sky Objects ...
Binoculars Make The Best and Cheapest Hobby in our Life
... so as to reduce the length of tubes. Thus the prisms inside the binoculars make it easy to handle and also to get ... We may have seen that some numbers printed on the surface of binoculars as xxy. Here 'x' is the number of times the ...
5 Must See Night Sky Objects With Binoculars
... stars in it. However once viewed with a binoculars, the beauty of this star cluster just stands out majestically. ... you should have for observation. Essential for Binoculars observation #Red flash or LED light # ...
- 5 Must See Night Sky Objects With Binoculars
When I owned my first binoculars, I still remember the very first night sky object I looked at. It was the Pleiades. It was my first target instead of the moon because it was a moonless night. Further more...
- Binoculars Make The Best And Cheapest Hobby in Our L...
Binoculars are the things which have been familiar from our childhood days. When we were children, we every one might have enjoyed toy binoculars just for fun! But when we start using powerful binoculars in...
More by this Author
What Is Your Opinion of These Binoculars?
No comments yet.