Get Rid of Acne with Hydrogen Peroxide
Acne is a skin disease which includes blemishes, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. It is a very common and stressful disease that can occur on people's skin of all ages especially teenagers.
This article will guide you to know about what hydrogen peroxide is and its effectiveness on treating acne. Hydrogen peroxide is a kind of chemical liquid consisting of two hydrogen atoms and two oxygen atoms. Its symbol is H2O2. Hydrogen peroxide liquid is clear and it looks like water but it has some unpleasant smell. It is used as bleach or bruise washer. It can be found in every local pharmacy with very cheap price.
The reason why hydrogen peroxide can treat acne effectively is because hydrogen peroxide is a great antiseptic and antibacterial agent. It can kill and prevent bacteria which is the cause of acne breakout. It also can discolor the skin which makes your skin looks less red. Another factor that it can heal acne is that hydrogen peroxide can send oxygen into the pores to help fight the source of acne and accelerate the healing process.
In order to use hydrogen peroxide to treat your acne, you only need to follow some simple steps:
- Buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide at your local pharmacy. That hydrogen peroxide should be only 3%. More intense substance can only make your skin burnt and irritated.
- Wash your face and apply it on the affected areas by soaking it in the cotton balls. Avoid the eyes and eyebrows area as hydrogen peroxide is a bleach agent and it can bleach your eyebrows unless you want your eyebrows to look lighter.
- Leave it on your skin for about 15 minutes or overnight and rinse off afterwards.
You should see some astonishing results in just only a few days to a week! Trust me.
- It may sometimes irritate your eyes but that is okay since this will fade away quickly.
- Cover the hydrogen peroxide bottle well and prevent it from getting under the lights. The lights can decrease the hydrogen peroxide's effectiveness.
- Only buy 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Use it for only 2 weeks. The hydrogen peroxide can block your skin cell growth if you use it for too long. If you need to use it more for your skin, take a break for at least one week and you can start using it again.
More by this Author
Tired of your messy, unorganized desktop? Here are some simple tips to make your desktop look amazingly neat and beautiful.
Want to count Korean numbers from 1-10 quick and correctly? Read this hub!
Check out how I effectively treated seborrheic dermatitis AKA dandruff.