How To Break The Habit of Biting Your Nails
Nail Biting Is Bad For Your Teeth
The Consequences of Nail Biting
If you bite your nails like me, chances are you have gotten yourself into a really bad habit. I have been a nail biter for years and my problem has only gotten worse until a few weeks ago. That was when I decided to learn a little bit about the problems that biting your nails can cause.
- Biting your nails leaves you vulnerable to tons of germs that live under your nails, and this can increase your chances of getting sick.
- When you bite your nails in public, it looks really bad and people tend to notice.
- Biting your nails is very damaging to your teeth, and can result in chipped teeth, sore teeth, crooked teeth.
- Biting your nails also damages the enamel that protects your teeth. Enamel also helps produce the glossy look that healthy teeth tend to have.
- When your fingernails hurt, bleed or look jagged and extremely short - Its noticeable whether you are playing the piano or eating at a restaurant.
- Nail biting can also cause infections and uneven fingernail growth, this can also lead to ingrown fingernails or ingrown toenails.
- The medical term for the habit: onychophagia
- It can also be very embaressing and in fact it has even stopped me from asking a girl for her phone number because I felt like I had to hide my nails.
When I thought of all of these consequences, I was determined to stop biting my nails forever. I decided that I would put a nail biting solution on my fingernails so that if I ever became tempted, I would quickly stop biting my nails because of the disgusting taste that the nail biting solution produces.
Lots of people bite their nails, and its definitely a hard habit to break. In fact, I bit my nails compulsively without even thinking about it before i decided to break the habit. Every time I drove, watched a movie or a tv show - I would end up biting my fingernails. But when you concentrate on the task at hand its definitely possible. There is nail polish out there that will prevent you from biting your nails and help your nails grow faster too. I've found that this makes it much easier to break the habit. The nail polish is clear and it tastes so bad the second you start to bite your nails. Which is why I give it 2 thumbs up!!
How to Stop Nail Biting Forever
The Easiest Way To Stop Biting Your Nails
More by this Author
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.
Easy and natural ways to fight germs that kill bad breath.
Buyer's guide for choosing the best paintball gun on the market in 2015. Should you get a speedball marker or woodsball gun? Best paintball upgrades.