Top Tips for Applying Your Self-Tanner
Steps to Getting the Best Summer Glow from the Bottle!
1) In the shower exfoliate entire body or every part of the body that you will be applying your self-tanner.
2) After you shower and dry off, then apply a heavy cream-based moisturizer on your knees, elbows, toes, toe nails, heels, and ankles to prevent the self-tanner from concentrating in those areas where the stratum corneum (top layer of the skin) is the thickest.
3) To avoid the orange palms, use some protective gloves, such as latex gloves.
4) Apply the sunless tanner as quickly as possibly, however keeping in mind even application.
5) Foam based tanners tend to give you a more even application as well as spread a lot easier than cream based types.
Why You Should Use Self-Tanner
As the glamour of tanning persist the rates of skin cancer in the US continues to rise despite knowledge of how damaging and life changing the sun can be. Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from sunlight or tanning lamps and beds increases your risk of developing melanoma over time. Limiting your exposure to UV radiation can help reduce your risk of melanoma. Get your tan from the bottle!
The ABCDEs of Melanoma
A guideline to determine what to watch for regarding melanoma and how it appears on the skin:
A: Asymmetry – the spot isn’t symmetrical and may have an odd shape.
B: Border – look for a border that isn’t sharp or defined.
C: Color – the color is not uniform and may have different shades of red, brown, or black.
D: Diameter – the spot is the size of a pencil eraser or larger.
E: Evolution – the spot changes over time.
Sunless tanners have come along way, they work fabulous! So get your sun kissed tan from the bottle with these great tips from above!
No comments yet.