Get Rid of Blackheads - How to Soak Out The Oil Scum Connected Underneath Your Face's Skin
Causes of Blackheads
Blackheads are sprouted when excessive oil and grease clogs pores on your face. This is caused by the oil being built up and unable to flow out and be excreted on your skin, due to dead skin cells that block the way or having genetically misshapen pores. When the pore opens up, the trapped oil then comes in contact with oxygen which results with the oil turning the blackish color you see.
So what causes this excess oil production in the first place? The leading cause is hormones. A spike in hormones, such as androgens, will jack up the natural production of oils within your skin which ultimately will lead to more blackheads. Anything that boosts male hormones can be responsible for this.
Another way that people block off their pores and promote blackheads is the use of make up or other skin care products that are comedogenic. The oil in these products will mix with the oil you're already naturally producing and double the intensity of the build up.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads
Follow each of the below steps to safely remove your blackheads at home.
Step 1 - Turn on the faucet with lukewarm water and hold your face underneath it, thoroughly soaking and rinsing off all of the oils.
Step 2 - Use a mild skin cleanser to rinse away any dead cells and leave the blackheads exposed.
Step 3 - Gently pat your face dry. Do not rub or scrub it dry as this can cause irritation to your skin.
Step 4 - Soak a separate rag or washcloth in fairly warm water, ring it out and hold it against your face for about 10 minutes. This will make your black heads easier to remove by softening and opening the pores around them.
Step 5 - Gently pat dry your face once again.
Step 6 - Prepare your fingers by placing a small piece of tissue at each of the tips of your index fingers.
Step 7 - This part is tedious as it must be done to each individual blackhead. Press down around the bass of where the blackhead is connected underneath your skin. Then once you have pressure around the base, keep pressure and push it upwards in an attempt to squeeze it OUT of your skin.
How to Prevent Blackheads
After you have removed the blackheads you already have, there are a number of things you can do to make sure they will not come back. Consider each of the suggestions below:
- Do not use greasy, oily make up and skin care products.
- Use a mild and non-abrasive face wash.
- Avoid using normal bars of soap to wash your face. They contain ingredients that can be harsh on your skin and clog your pores. Not to mention, they will dry your skin out to the point it makes it freak out and produces excess oil to make up for it.
- Be sure to exfoliate your skin once a week. There are different tools you can use to do this. I recommend buying a gentle exfoliation product that is labeled 'for sensitive skin' and buying a vibrating exfoliator. This is a much cheaper alternative to going into a beauty spa once a week, in the long run.
- You may wish to use a clay facial mask once a night to tight your pores as well as absorb the excess oil from your skin. Be sure to choose a clay mask that doesn't contain any form of mint or any other ingredient that may lead to further irritation.
More by this Author
Love handles are caused by gaining such excessive fat around the mid section that it causes a 'muffin-top' effect where it hangs down over your sides, forming a handle like appearance.
A step-by-step to getting rid of that hickey so you don't have to go out and be seen with it!
(TIME IS RUNNING OUT. Find the truth in Christ now.) --- This is part 2 of my 2 part series on how to make monsters fully playable in Skyrim. In part 1, I covered how to fix the camera, enable melee attacks and...