How to make nail polish from eye shadow
Eyeshadow can make a nice nail polish
You can make custom nail polish from things you already have
Do you have a color that just doesn't work on your eyes, but you like the shade? Or a color you love, but you can't find polish to match?
It's simple to turn that shadow into nail polish!
How to make a single use
If you only need to match it once, you can make small amounts of nail polish. Just take some of the shadow and scoop it or scrape it into a small vessel to mix with--a paint-tray or one of those little cups like salad dressing comes in when you get takeout. Take your bottle of clear nail polish and add only a few drops to the shadow, then mix it with a toothpick, a q-tip, or the brush of the nail polish.
Test it periodically, then when it's the color you want, paint it onto your nails as usual.
- If it's a pressed eyeshadow, sometimes they have oils or fillers in them that can make the nail polish sort of chalky when it dries; just keep adding topcoat until it smooths out, or add more clear polish to make it a more sheer polish.
- If you're using pressed shadow, make sure you really grind it up so that it's powder again; if it's lumpy, it'll make lumpy polish.
- The best shadows to use are the loose mineral kind, because they have the least amount of additives and mix the easiest, but any shadow will do--though sometimes pressed ones come out a little different in color when mixed than they are as eyeshadow.
To make a whole bottle
You'll need your eyeshadow, a bottle of clear polish with a little space in the top of the bottle, something to mix with, and a folded paper funnel to get the powder into the bottle.
The process is the same as the single use, but you make more, and you mix it directly into the bottle. Again, be sure that there aren't any lumps, and mix well.
- If you use a thin polish and / or if you add a lot of powder, it'll probably settle out if you let it sit; just remix it before you use it. A few mixing balls in the bottle help with this.
- If you're making it in a bottle like this, you can experiment with adding glitter, or with mixing colors, and make a truly unique polish!
More by this Author
Whether you're born with citizenship or earn it after immigration, there's more to being a Good Citizen than just having that legal piece of paper. It's about how you conduct yourself as a person, how you interact with...
Nail polish is a big deal right now. Big brand nail polish companies are all coming out with more lines, more colors, more textures and more finishes than ever before,and nail art is not just for nail tech students and...
Image borrowed from http://qwickstep.com/search/aquarium-55-gallon.html So you've decided on a huge 55 gallon tank. Here's what you need to think about before you set it up: Where will you put it? A talk this...