All celebrities are regular human beings with superstar skins. Each of the listed celebrities has very human physical characteristics that are minimized for the camera. Their special techniques can be used by any person wishing to refine their appearance for any reason.
1. Sandra Bullock- Was a waitress, hat check girl and bartender before she was a star. Professional makeovers taught Sandra how to manage her tiny flaws which are large and heavy eyelids that make her eyes look too small. Although Sandra is very beautiful and wholesome looking, she is more polished with eye makeup that minimizes her eyelids and enlarges the appearance of her eyes.
2. Scarlett Johansson-Before 2002, when Scarlett starred in “Lost in Translation,” her eyebrows were over-tweezed and her hair style caused her face to look a bit chubby. Letting her eyebrows thicken to break up a large forehead and changing her hairstyle to add volume near her cheeks and forehead turned her into one of today’s sexiest female stars.
3. Reese Witherspoon became a star following the release of “The Man in the Moon.” Because Reese has a very large mouth with large teeth in proportion to her face, she wears lipstick that is subdued and close in tone to her skin color as opposed to contrasting colors that would make her mouth look larger.
4. Before hitting the big screen, Angelina Jolie had extremely heavy eyebrows, and then she had no eyebrows because she tweezed them out. Either way, Angelina’s face appeared unbalanced. Professionally shaped eyebrows and subdued natural tones of lipstick help to keep her slightly large mouth in-sync with the rest of her face while adding symmetry to her natural beauty.
5. There are very few images of Carrie Underwood without the support of make-up professionals. Even a photo that claims to be of Carrie with no make-up shows Carrie with less make-up but not without makeup. Carrie has hooded eyes which give her an extra thickness that droops over the eye crease causing her eyelids to look smaller. Carrie uses darker shadow to draw the lid line out and enlarge the appearance of the eye.
6. Since Christina Aguilera has been a star since childhood, there are few pictures of Christina without professional styling. Christina Aguilera has a heart shaped face which can make her delicate chin fade away and add unattractive fullness to her face. Without a defined chin, her cheekbones lose definition. Free flowing hair styles, or chin length hairstyles give Christina’s face more shape. Christina is careful to avoid severe hairstyles.
7. Jennifer Anniston’s eyes are set too close. Without enough space between her eyes, Jennifer is careful to make up the outer corners of her eyes more heavily adding the illusion of more space between the eyes. Jennifer is also careful not to be photographed with pure front shots. Her face is almost always photographed at an angle so the lack of distance between the eyes is not noticeable.
8. Jennifer Lopez has perfect facial bones and balanced features. Without makeup, Jennifer has no healthy glow because her skin tone is rather flat and can actually look ill, undernourished or over tired. Jennifer is an expert in using color to highlight her fabulous facial contours which can barely be seen photographically without highlighting.
9. Jennifer Love Hewitt has pale skin and a tendency to break out. Her secret is makeup that gives her a glow. Jennifer is also careful not to wear such bold lipstick that it makes her skin look even more monotone. A pale lipstick does not overpower any natural glow of her skin.
10. Jessica Simpson’s beauty struggle is a tendency to gain weight which can show in her face. Jessica slims down the appearance of her face with smoky and seductive eye makeup and bold sexy lipstick.
11. Kim Kardashian has defined features and good contours. Kim tends to get circles under her eyes even when she is not tired, so she is never far from under eye concealer.
12. Mila Kunis has extremely dark features and a rare but beautiful pale eye color. As a result, her make-up can be easily overdone and Mila is very careful. She always wears nude lipstick colors to complete her subdued look.
More by this Author
The sting of racism and hatred is softened by this concept.
Benjamin Franklin was not a president, but he delivered the nation to every person.
A perspective on the purpose of Machiavelli's "The Prince," and why it is still a valuable text today.