Skeleton Key Jewelry
Skeleton keys are popping up everywhere lately. You'll find skeleton key motifs in everything imaginable. My daughter is particularly fond of skeleton keys and she had incorporated them in many things in the design of her bedroom as well as her fashion choices.
Another particularly popular item is skeleton key jewelry. You'll find them in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors and styles. You can find quaintly simple keys as well as very elaborately ornate keys. You can find single keys as well as key rings similar to jailers keys. You can find them in a simulated black wrought iron look as well as gold, silver, pewter, and brass.
Pendants and charms often come with locks as well. I've seen some really cute lock and key sets where both are in the shape of a heart.
Types of Skeleton Key Jewelry
Just a few of the types of jewelry that have skeleton keys and skeleton key motifs are:
- Necklaces - this includes chains, bib necklaces, chokers. Some of the Steampunk pieces I've seen incorporate about a dozen keys in one single necklace.
- Bracelets - charm bracelets with various small skeleton key charms are so cute
- Anklets - similar to the charm bracelets, anklets are cute with a couple of small skeleton key charms
- Earrings - you can find dangling earrings as well as studs that have a skeleton key.
- Pins - pins of all sizes have the skeleton key motif usually displayed horizontally.
- Keychains - skeleton keys make great keychain ornaments.
Keys are Featured in Steampunk Styles
You'll find skeleton keys and skeleton key accessories featured in many Steampunk fashion styles.
More Vintage Accessories
More by this Author
Victorian lace-up boots are a must for any woman wanting to feel sexy and in charge. Read about how I came to love them.
I had never heard of liquid silver until 2002 when a friend of mine mentioned that she had always wanted a liquid silver necklace. Since Christmas was coming up, I thought I'd search for a nice liquid silver necklace...
A fascinating look at Beatrice Wood, the woman James Cameron modeled Rose Dewitt Bukater Calvert after in the movie "Titanic".