Fashion Bug (FashionBug.com) - review
FashionBug.com is an online site for purchasing women's fashion at substantially reduced prices.
The company began as a chain of retail outlets, which now number more than 1,000 across the United States. Forty-five states have a Fashion Bug location, usually in strip malls(outdoor shopping centers).
FashionBug's primary client base consists of women aged 20 to 49, although they do serve a substantial teenage and children's market (aged 7 and up).
The site is popular for its wide breadth of choices and quick home delivery.
FashionBug.com also features a few select areas for fashion:
- Maternity, including tops, bottoms, swimwear, dresses, plus-size maternity wear, and clearance items. They feature the "bundle of joy" line of maternity wear.
- Intimates, including both plus sizes (bra 40C-44DD, panties size 8-12) and misses sizes (bra 34A-38D, panties size 5-7). The "Loveable" line of intimates created by Hanes exclusively for Fashion Bug is carried online.
- Shoes, including wide widths, flip-flops, casual, dress, athletic and boots. Of course, there is a clearance section here, as well, with many shoes available for less than $10 per pair.
- Accessories, including handbags, jewelry, belts, scarves (and shawls), legwear, and watches
- Gifts (under Accessories), including themed sets with mugs, bath gels, candles, mini-notepads, and frames. These run around $10-15 a piece, but often have a "buy 1, get 1 free" kind of promotion to halve your gift purchase cost.
There are two ways you can give gifts for FashionBug.com:
- gift cards - a nicely-designed "credit-card style" card with about a dozen designs available. You can enter any value up to $999.99, can affix a 500-character message, and will be sent in the mail (USPS First Class) in 2-3 business days.
- e-gift cards - as the additional "e" would suggest, these are sent electronically, if you really can't wait those extra 2-3 days for delivery (or if your gift recipient isn't reachable by US mail). 12 designs for e-cards are available for personalization.
FashionBug already touts low, discounted prices for its clothing for bargain-minded online shoppers. However, there are additional discounts that can be applied to your order for those really after saving as much money as possible. These promotional codes are entered during the checkout process when ordering online.
- Coupon Craze - currently featuring 3 discount codes: $10 off a $50 purchase, $20 off a $75 purchase, and 15% off your order.
- Deal Hunting - seems to offer the same discount codes, but double-check the site to see if things have changed by the time you order.
Epinions: 4.5 out of 5 (from 610 customers).
- Ease of ordering: 3/5
- Customer Service: 2/5
- On-Time Delivery: 3/5
- Selection: 3/5
There are 6 written reviews, from ecstatic to outraged customers.
Planet Feedback: Has 21 letters (both praise & complaint) to Fashion Bug, many with feedback from other users of the site.
More by this Author
Can you lighten dark brown eyes? Sure...with the right contact lenses. There are special lenses that will turn coffee-colored eyes to a light-brown, almost hazel, quite convincingly. Here are the most readily available...
Winter Itch (winter pruritis, or xerotic eczema) is that type of itchy skin you get when it's cold and dry outside. It's caused by dehydration. Wintertime makes the problem worse for a few reasons: the air is dry...
Updated for 2016: Price per square foot for 20 prefab (modular) home companies' products, including Blu Homes, Proto Homes, ideabox (Ikea), weeHouses, and many others.