12 New Inventions That Could Change the World
New technology continues to amaze us as it always has and this list is certainly an amazing example of what human beings have come up with recently. The search for knowledge and newer and better ways to get from point A to point B will allow us to create many things spectacular in the years to come. But for now check out some of those things from the her and now. Some of these you may have heard of as a few have been slowly progressing from simpler forms to what they are now. But there will be at least something that will amaze you in this article.
- Military Exoskeleton (Sarcos/Raytheon XOS) - This exoskeleton is built for soldiers to set in and out of to perform a variety of different tasks. While in control of the XOS a soldier has the ability to lift more than 200 pounds with no effort. Primarily used for loading payloads and other labor situations a prototype is currently being built to combine several heavy weaponry into the exoskeleton. Further down the line shielding may become part of the design to protect the soldier within and eventually they exoskeleton my become an automated soldier all on it's own replacing soldiers in battle.
- Glucose Contacts - New contact lenses have been created specifically for those with diabetes. Designed with a specific chemical gel the lenses when worn will change different colors alerting the wearer to their glucose levels and thus negating the need for drawing blood for regular testing.
- Flying Car - Not very long ago I wrote an article specifically on the flying car. It looks like a cross between a car and place but can fold up it's wings to drive down any normal road and the spread it's wings to take off from any airport.
- Electro-Holographic Display - This new technology is fairly self explanatory. It allows for full 3 dimensional objects to be shown and seen by the human eye without 3D glasses. If someone walks around the display they can see the object from all angles.
- Quadski - This hybrid is a cross between a water ski and a quad. You can ride it across the water or on land.
- BigDog - This camel-like robot was made for carrying payloads. It's incredibly stable design makes it very valuable to the military and other organizations. BigDog is suitable to scale very rough terrain and when pushed or destabilized it can keep from falling over. It is shown in the invention video compilation to the right.
- Robotic Snake - This military robot I also touched on in a previous article. It was constructed by the military eventually it will be deployed to collect surveillance as it can go through sewers and other areas behind enemy line to collect data. Possibly in future models it will be used to drop mines as well.
- Jet Pack - This invention has been slowly developing over the years, but more recently newer more stable designs are being developed.
- Human Robots - Many different models are being developed in Japan. Some are made to mimic human behavior while others are meant to be prototypes for robots that will one day care for the aging population.
- Plane Hoover Craft Hybrid - This unusual craft can fly and glide through the air and also be used as a hover craft over the water. It has a wingspan like that of a plane but has internal propellers that push air out from beneath.
- Robot Tractor - It has six legs presumably for navigating difficult terrain. This tractor is also included in the video compilation above.
- Sixth Sense Device - Introduced at T.E.D. which stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design, this sixth sense device is a communication, interactive and projection device. You can on a whim gather info on people as you meet them, on foods at the grocery store, on plane tickets, see projected videos when reading a story in the paper etc. all from simply looking at them. Check the video to the right and prepare to be amazed.
More by this Author
A list of some of the unusual vending machines that dispense things from live lobster, sneakers, eggs and live bait to women's panties.
An article on the Panasonic PV-GS500 Camcorder. The best choice in cameras in terms of features and artificial lighting settings for creating stop-motion animation.
A list of 10 things you should know before calling roadside assistance. Most are common sense and shed light on some of the silly things people do and say on the phone when calling in.