20 Windows Run Commands You Must Know
Useful Run Commands in Windows XP
Run commands or command line window is the least used functions in windows. This is the quickest way to access your programs, open folders and share your network resources. To access run command just press Windows key + R or you may click Start button and select Run. Then you can see a text box where you have to type following shortcut to launch that particular programs.
1. gpedit.msc Opens Group Policy Editor. Not available in Windows Home editions.
2. calc Opens calculator.
3. magnify Opens Screen magnifier accessory.
4. wmplayer Opens Windows Media Player.
5. write Opens Wordpad. You can write and edit your word file.
6. msinfo32 Opens System Information applet .
7. mspaint Opens graphics accessory Paint .
8. notepad Opens Notepad accessory .
9. services.msc Opens services window. It manages all the services involved in Windows and installed software.
10. dfrg.msc Opens Disk Defragmenter. You can defragment your local disk from here.
11. devmgmt.msc Opens Device Manager. You can get list of all the installed components. You can add new device from this manager.
12. msword Opens Microsoft Word.
13. excel Opens Microsoft Excel .
14. powerpnt Opens Microsoft Powerpoint.
15. msconfig Opens System Configuration Utility .
16. dvdplay Opens dvd player to Play DVD’s.
17. cmd Opens command prompt window .
18. osk Opens On Screen Keyboard. It can be use as an alternative of external keyboard.
19. regedit Opens Registry editor .
20. mstsc Opens Remote Desktop. You can access other computer.
You can practice some of the commands to make your task easy. Looking forward for your feedback.
More by this Author
Windows 7 is a great new operating system but how to improve computer performance windows 7 or windows XP is depends on allowing few features and disable unnecessary features.
Here I am going to discuss some windows server 2008 active directory interview questions and answers. These questions are very common in interview session.
Here I am going to discuss some windows server administrator interview questions and answers. These questions are very common in interview session. I hope you will be benefited from this.