7 Really Different 5 MP Digital Cameras
When you look at getting a digital camera, the first thing that you probably look at is the number of megapixels that it has. This is definitely a really important thing to take into consideration. However, it’s not the only factor that you should consider when choosing a good digital camera. That’s because cameras that have the same number of megapizels can vary widely in quality and in the number of features that they offer.
Let’s take a look at seven different cameras that are all 5 mp digital cameras so that you can get a feel for just how different one camera may be from the next even though they do have the same number of megapixels:
1. Konica KD-500Z 5 MP Digital Camera. This is a great camera that offers terrific picture resolution of 2592 × 1944. This quality is high enough that you can easily print poster-size images of photos taken with this camera and they will still be great shots that aren’t blurred by enlargement. The camera offers an optical zoom of 3x and a digital zoom of 4x for close-up shots. It weighs almost eight ounces. It has 2mb of internal memory and can memory can be increased by a 16mb SD card or via memory stick. It sells for around $500.
2. Nikon Coolpix 5700 5 MP Digital Camera. This is a really great five megapixel digital camera for someone who wants to really be able to zoom in for close-up shots since it has an 8x optical zoom (and 4x digital zoom) feature. Resolution for this camera is comparable to the Konica mentioned above at 2,560 x 1,920. It’s a heavier camera than the Konica, weighing over one full pound but is slightly lower in price at around $400.
3. Canon PowerShot A95 5 MP Digital Camera. This camera is a $400 camera that is comparable to the aforementioned Konica in terms of pictures resolution and it is comparable to the aforementioned Coolpix in terms of price. However, it stands out from these other two cameras because it offers over one dozen different shooting modes which means that you can take this camera out for use in snow or for action shots or whatever and easily change the settings to get high quality pictures in any environment. It’s also a super lightweight camera at less than half a pound.
4. VistaQuest VQ-500 5 MP Digital Camera. This is an interesting little camera that is comparable to the above cameras in one way or another. It has similar resolution to all of them so high-quality pictures can be expected. It has an 8x optical zoom like the Coolpix camera. It weighs less than one pound. But it has some other interesting things going for it including that it’s pink in color, it comes with a keychain that lets you show off your favorite images easily, and it has 32 MB of memory. Interestingly, it’s a really inexpensive phone that can be picked up on the Wal-Mart website for less than $100.
5. Fujifilm Finepix A500 5MP Digital Camera. This eight ounce digital camera offers the basics with 3x digital zoom and resolution strong enough to easily print 13x17 inch color prints. What’s interesting here in terms of comparisons with other 5 mp digital cameras is that there’s absolutely nothing that stands out about this camera. It doesn’t offer a lot of shooting mode options or great memory or anything special. It’s just a basic camera that costs about $300.
6. LG KC550 5 MP Digital Camera Phone. Many phones are getting increasingly advanced digital cameras built into them. This particular phone is one of the most affordable phones with a built-in 5mp digital camera. This camera is strong enough to be considered a person’s primary camera which means you can carry just the one device and not need a camera that is separate from the phone. The whole thing sells for about $350.
7. Argus Bean 5 Megapixel Carabiner Digital Camera. When you take a look at this product, you aren’t even going to realize that it’s a digital camera because it looks like a carabiner used in rock climbing. Indeed, it’s designed for outdoor photo shots taken when doing fun things out in nature. It weighs less than three ounces, has 16 mb of memory and is great as a secondary camera meant for when you’re hiking or camping. It’s not outstanding, though, so you probably wouldn’t use it as your primary camera. This is an inexpensive phone that can usually be picked up for less than $100.
Now that we’ve looked at seven different cameras, we can see that the thing to look at when buying a digital camera isn’t just the number of megapixels that the camera has. Yes, megapixels determine a lot about the quality of the pictures that you’re going to get from your digital camera. You can see here that the resolution of the pictures from most 5mp cameras will be about the same.
However, a lot of other features on these cameras are different. When buying a digital camera, ask yourself about the importance of things like multiple shooting modes, strong memory, and ability to zoom in with the optical and digital camera features. Also make sure to ask yourself if you want a novelty camera (a pink camera, a camera phone, a carabiner camera) or if you really just want a basic digital camera. And finally, consider the cost that you’ll pay for these different features. After taking all of that into consideration, you can think about the number of megapixels that you need and how that works into the right camera for you.
More by this Author
People who type in all capital letters are often an irritant to others who are reading what they have written. This may not be fair but it’s the case. That’s because there are a lot of assumptions that...
Do you love new gadgets? Do you enjoy getting the latest mobile phone that is available and trying out all of the new applications that it can access? This can get to be a pretty expensive hobby since new phones are...
Dog toys can be a great source of entertainment, mental stimulation, and even dental hygiene for your pet. Plus, chew toys help take their focus off of the desire to chew your things! Unfortunately, though, a lot of...