AVG Remover - The AVG Antivirus Removal Tool / Uninstall Tool
When to Download the AVG Remover
There are several reasons why you may need to (or simply wish to) dowload and run the AVG Remover, which is an Uninstall Utility that is designed to remove all traces of any AVG Anti-Virus or AVG Internet Security.
- You wish to uninstall and remove AVG Anti-Virus or Internet Security from your computer, but the uninstall in "Add / Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" is not working.
- Uninstallilng AVG and reinstalling AVG does not solve a stability issue.
- AVG has been corrupted by malware or a virus, and you want all traces of the corrupt installation removed before reinstalling the software (or some other software that you have chosen to replace it).
- It is one of several recommended steps in the process of repairing your PC.
Things to Keep In Mind When Running the AVG Remover
Before you download and run the AVG Remover, make sure that you keep the following tips in mind:
- There are separate versions of the AVG Remover for 64 Bit and 32 Bit computers. Make sure you download and run the correct removal utility;
- If you are running AVG Identity Protection, there is a separate AVG Identity Protection Remover Tool (AVGIDPUninstaller.exe);
- Before you run any removal tool, try uninstalling from the Control Panel first using Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista/Windows 7);
- REBOOT your computer after each uninstall or removal, without exception! This is a critical and necessary step ... ignore this advice and you will have far less chance of success!
- If you can, run uninstall and removal programs from Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly when starting your computer to get the start-up menu with the Safe Mode option); This minimizes the risk of running software interfering with the process;
Anti-Virus Software Alternatives
Download the AVG Remover Tool
Please let me know in the comments section below how you made out with this tool, and share any new or relevant information that you learned.
You can download the AVG Remover Tool from this location:
More by this Author
I you are getting the following error in Microsoft Outlook, your outgoing email server is telling you that Outlook has not given the proper credentials to the server; your current account settings are not properly...
Learn how to fix Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware error code 2.
Learn how to fix error 109 in Adobe Acrobat.
No comments yet.