How To Watch Freeview On Your Laptop Without an Internet Connection
Ok so, I work in a job where I am allowed to use my laptop and I am allowed to watch DVD’s on it. This may also be possible if you work in a shop, as a security guard, on a reception desk or many other jobs.
Last year, working evenings, I found myself missing a lot of prime time TV that I would have liked to have watched had I not have been working. The one that pained me the most was missing all the Live coverage of the Champions League matches on ITV Broadcasting Channel, I resorted to listening to them on the radio or missing it entirely, I was searching for a solution for ages and then I found this….
It’s a USB pen that you stick into the side of your laptop/PC and it will pickup Freeview which can be watched on your screen/monitor and I’ve been using it for several months now and its already paid its worth in gold in the matches I’ve since been able to see that I would otherwise not have done. Whether Sitcom’s, Soap’s or Sports ya thing, make sure ya don’t miss it.
When it arrived, it only came with basic instructions, which is perhaps its only negative but that’s ok because I will provide some information here, which can save you the same head scratching that I did when initially setting it up.
1. Install the Software (Its just a special DVD player App)
2. Get the Aerial and screw it into the corresponding slot on the USB stick itself (The Aerial plugs into the USB stick, NOT the laptop/pc, this baffled me for days, I just couldn’t figure out where it was supposed to fit on my laptop, so you can thank me later for saving you the same anguish)
3. On the Blaze Software, Click Scan for channels and select your country to scan and leave it for a couple minutes to scan.
4. The Aerial base is magnetic (Something I didn’t realize for months), so you can stick it to metal things around you, which will give it a much more stable signal and it will ensure it stays fixed in place, its quite genius really, I only wish I realized sooner ha
5. Wallah it should be working, you can either right click the video window and select channels to browse or you can use the remote that comes with it.
I find on average around 80 channels to watch at any one time, all of which are free
More by this Author
Modelling When teaching new skills to players or reinforcing current ones a coach is reccomended to show a perfect model of how that skill is executed, depending on the skill at hand it may be difficult for the coach...
An Open Motor skill is a skill which is performed in an unstable environment, where the start point is determined by the environment. In other words, the performer of the skill is NOT the one who choses when the skill...
What are the differences between the three types of human muscles? Find examples and complete descriptions of cardiac, smooth, and skeletal muscles.